weight loss stalled

Hello! I have successfully completed the Whole30 and I am still sticking with it on day 46. I have not cheated except for popcorn when I went to see The Avengers...I felt terrible afterwords so I don't think I'll be doing that again! When I weighed myself after the 30 days I had lost 23lbs, which is great but, now my weight loss has stalled and I have a long way to go and even longer if you ask my doctor what I should weigh! Please give me ideas on how I can kick start my weight loss. I have already cut nuts/seeds way back and I'm working on cutting back to 2 servings of fruit a day. I work out 4 times a week, pilates, kickboxing, boot camp and walking with a neighbor and as soon as my calf heals, I tore it 4 weeks ago in kickboxing, I plan on starting crossfit once a week. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

Hi Gaylene - We've all been there! In short, I'd say give yourself and your body some time. We all get extremely excited in the first month because progress is so fast and so obvious. As you get past the quick wins, the low-hanging fruit, some of the changes become less obvious. I'm interested in what others have to say but I'd encourage you to read this blog post on the whole9 site. I'm glad that you're very active but we've unfortunately been led to believe that the more active we are, the thinner we will be, and that is an old paradigm that doesn't necessarily hold true. Sometimes eating more and exercising less is all that's needed to kick start some weight loss. Definitely check out this post http://whole9life.com/2012/05/rest-vs-recovery/

And I just wanted to add...the dietary changes from following the whol30 are helping adjust a complex system in your body of hormone regulation and inflammation. The initial weight loss is fantastic but some of the real value is that long term you've primed your body to be much more efficient at consuming and using food energy which will continually help you burn fat but give it time.

eeeeh... should i be concerned if i havent lost any weight at all after my first 30?! I mean dont get me wrong i feel great, ive lost 1.5 inches around my waist. I dont really care that the weight isnt down, but geez... 26 lbs! thats amazing Gaylene! congratulations!

cysgr8 - do you feel you have a lot of body fat to lose? If you're losing inches and not body weight I would not be concerned. I've seen before and after pictures that are at identical weights with completely different body compositions.

My last body fat measurement was 24.8% before i started w30.. my goal is to be around 20. I started last year at 33.8% doing lame cardio machine and weight watchers. I now am 1 month in with whole30 and doing insanity. I know I should be doing weight training more often, I hope to start that in a month or so... Also trying to lower my fruit intake since I have been eating around 4-5 servings a day...

Like I said I'm not really concerned about the scale as long as it doesn't go up too much lol, I'll focus on inches till I get another fat scan!

Archived