September 1st start with September 14th Colonoscopy

• Moderators

This is something you really ought to ask your doctor. There might be something about the electrolytes in Gatorade that make it the best choice for this. Maybe, if your doctor okays it, you could get by with coconut water or broth, but again, ask your doctor to be sure. 

• Administrators

My husby has a colonoscopy every couple years and he has never mixed w/ gatorade, always just water. The gatorade is probably because once the stuff starts working your system is completely cleaned out and they are probably hoping to help prevent dehydration. My suggestion would be to ensure that you are well fed and well hydrated leading up to it so that your body is capable of experiencing that clean out for 12-24 hours without needing the sugar from gatorade.

As always, no advice you ever receive here is intended to be used in place of a doctor's orders.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you ladies! I found electrolyte infused water and I will use that on Wednesday. I am also going to drink 22oz of water each hour today, 9/10. When I get out of work on Monday and Tuesday I will drink 22oz of water each hour until I go to sleep. 

Are our colons less cluttered because we are eating clean?

Archived