Round2 for food freedom

Am_S

I did my 1st round in May and I loved it so much that I kept going for 15+days. By days 45 I was travelling in Morocco and I screwed up the reintroduction. Ever since I've been REALLY off track, getting back to old unhealthy habits and awful relationship with food.

I'm starting round 2 as a reset, to get rid of my cravings and get back in control of my decisions around food. I'm reading Food Freedom Forever to help me along the way, and I'm committed to make this work. Additionally to the W30 guidelines, I'll be eliminating nuts, seeds and dried fruit, and limiting fruit servings to 2 per day, as both are big triggers for me (learnt this the hard way during my round1).

I'm excited to be back!!

Day 1

Lunch: grilled chicken breast with bell pepper&onion+ 1/2 avocado & cherry tomatoes + nectarine

Dinner: chicken fillet with asparagus & prosciutto + tomato salad w/ olive oil

Excercise: BBG Friday Week 2

Hi Amy,

I too successfully completed Whole 30 last year successfully.   Basically my story is the same as yours regarding reintroduction.  I am so ready to successfully complete a second September round of whole 30.   Go Amy!  I love your title Round 2 for food freedom!

13 hours ago, susanleaf said:

Hi Amy,

I too successfully completed Whole 30 last year successfully.   Basically my story is the same as yours regarding reintroduction.  I am so ready to successfully complete a second September round of whole 30.   Go Amy!  I love your title Round 2 for food freedom!

Thanks Susan! Good luck on round 2, we've got this!!

Day 2

Lunch: grilled chicken + sautéed cauliflower&mushrooms + leftover peppers&onions from yesterday

Dinner: tomato salad & ventresca de bonito + zuchini&leek soup

Exercise: 45' power walking

Note: I'm so happy I made it to day 2. I'm working in being honest w myself in identifying real and emotional hunger. So far I've done a lot of progress in terms of listening to my body and reevaluating my relationship with some staple foods that are technically compliant but feel like treats to me (so not in the spirit of W30)

Day 3

Snack: tomato&avo salad

Lunch: pork loin Sunday roast (no yorkshire pudding and no gravy sauce)

Dinner: steamed bok choy & egg

Note: really not hungry, I had to force myself to have a light dinner

Day 4

Lunch: chicken collard wraps with avocado, purple cabbage, bell pepper, red onion and cherry tomatoes. This was sooo good and so filling! I usually eat the same ingredients as chicken breast+big salad, but the collard wrap made it much more exciting. Can't wait to make it again!

Dinner: spinach&onion omelette

Exercise: BBG Monday Week 3

Note: I'm having much less cravings, and when I do I'm able to stay in control..so happy!!

Day 5

Lunch: hake with escalivada (baked eggplant, red bell pepper and onion) + cherry tomatoes&cucumber salad + paletilla iberica de bellota (spanish prosciutto) Today I'm very anxious (waiting for life-changing news from work) and it is definitely affecting my cravings. I was already full with the haddock & escalivada but I couln't control my apetite and had to have some paletilla and side salad too. Luckily I was able to stop at that and didn't ravage the whole pantry, which would have been the case in pre-W30 life :) 

Dinner: big bowl of steamed veggies (bell pepper, onion, red cabbage), mackerel, nectarine. I binged and went and ate all the things...mostly all was veggies&fruits, so technically compliant, but really against the spirit of the program so I've decided to add 5 more days to my W30 and make it a W35.

Archived