Andropause...low-T???

Just wondering if anyone had any input or positive results from whole30 effecting/ reversing low-t

I've been on HRT FOR 5 years now and went off a two months ago to take a break.... I have been strict Paleo for the last six months, and 24 days into my first whole30. I had blood work done a week before my first day of W30 ( so about 5 weeks no androgen treatments)and again just a a few days ago...

I was hoping my levels may start to raise but they are in the toilet... Free test 6.5, total 70 ( I'm 50 and very fit and that's low for a 100 year old!) And that's down from my test one month ago... Worse my LH .5... So the problem is in my pituitary

I told my MD( he is Very Pro Paleo) that I feel pretty good considering , but being this low will have its toll on me.... We decided that I will stay off testosterone for another full month( ill do a second W30/60) and draw blood again and see what happens.... He may try HCG to get me going.....

Any body have any input,experience in this area... I'd love to not take any medication if I don't absolutely need it....

I'll preface this by saying I'm not a guy, but I have had low testosterone & have supplemented in the past due to a suspected pituitary issue, so I've done a bit of research. Any chance you've had your zinc levels checked, too? Mine was low, and although I have yet to get my hormones retested since supplementing, it's certainly doing something for me. There's some info out there on zinc's role in testosterone (and other hormones). There also could be a gazillion other factors, but it's an easy one to rule out if you haven't already. Adding some zinc-rich foods (specifically pumpkin seeds) did the trick for a friend's husband when he had low T when they were trying to conceive. There are other testosterone-friendly foods, too! I'm sure some one of the experts will chime in with some other angle or info, but that's my 2 cents.

Archived