Amy's #SeptemberWhole30 Log

NoneOtherThanAmy

Day 26

M1: Shredded pork butt, potato, mushrooms,  zucchini, peppers, onions, summer squash. *May* have forgotten fat again...

Went for a 3 +-mile run. Not sure of exact mileage, my FitBit says 3.5 miles at a 10:54 pace, which would be kind of shocking. I've been running about 12:30 as a pace lately on my longer runs. I didn't manage to get my FitBit to connect to GPS (gotta have the app open on the phone for it to work), so it's possible that the mileage isn't quite accurate which would affect the pace it thinks I ran at. Run mapping apps say the route I took should be 3.3-ish miles.

M2: Ground beef, whole30-compliant Vodka Sauce (no vodka, obvs) + zucchini & summer squash "noodles". There was some fat in the sauce (coconut cream,  olive oil, and fat from the beef), but I didn't add any extra. 

I got really hungry about 4:30 or so. I didn't do a pre or post-wo meal, plus all the times I've missed fat could be screwing things up for me right now.

M3: Sloppy Joe meat (ground turkey, peppers, onions) + spaghetti squash + potato. Seriously think I forgot to add fat again.  :rolleyes: 

This whole "I keep forgetting fat thing" is going to be problematic at some point, isn't it? I tried to make mayo (my go-to fat) on Monday and let's just say I had the worst mayo-making fail of all time. :( It may take me a few days to attempt again. 

Day 27

M1: Ground pork, 2 eggs, 1/3 potato, red and yellow peppers, mushrooms. No added fat, but this is a meal I eat often without adding extra fat. The ground pork is pretty fatty.

Day 27, continued

M2: Ground beef (about a palm-ish?), whole30-compliant Vodka Sauce (no vodka, obvs) + zucchini & summer squash "noodles". There was some fat in the sauce (coconut cream,  olive oil, and fat from the beef), but I didn't add any extra.

Pre-WO: 1/2 palm chicken + compliant coconut flakes 

Went for a run with the running group at 6 PM. You guys, when did it decide to be summer again??? It was 89 degrees and humid outside. Ridiculous. But I made it the whole 2 1/2 miles even though I wanted the run to be over before we hit the 1 mile mark. Ugh. No Post-wo. Way too much work.

M3: Sloppy Joe meat (about 3/4 palm) + shredded pork butt *snicker* :P (about 1/2 palm?) butternut squash, spaghetti squash, peppers, and onion. Oh! and MAYO! I recovered from my fail enough to try making it again and it went well!

Day 28

M1: Ground pork, 2 eggs, 1/3 potato, red and yellow peppers, mushrooms. No added fat, but this is a meal I eat often without adding extra fat. The ground pork is pretty fatty.

M2: Shredded pork butt, cucumber, red onion, balsamic vinegar, apple, salad greens

M3: Ground beef, whole30-compliant Vodka Sauce (no vodka, obvs) + zucchini & summer squash "noodles". There was some fat in the sauce (coconut cream,  olive oil, and fat from the beef), but I didn't add any extra.

Feeling kinda "blah" today. I also want a biscuit. Someone made something that smells vaguely biscuit-like, maybe a pot pie, and it smells delicious. I'm kinda extra hungry tonight. Hmm.

Day 29

M1: Ground pork, 2 eggs, 1/3 potato, red and yellow peppers, mushrooms. 

M2: Ground beef, whole30-compliant Vodka Sauce (no vodka, obvs) + zucchini & summer squash "noodles". + butternut squash

M3: Shredded pork butt, cucumber (2 mini cucumbers), apple, ~3 C salad greens (spring mix)

Still feeling rather lackluster. I think it's a combination of not sleeping well and extra work/life stressors. I also wonder if I've been eating enough. I've been getting hungry at odd times, like an hour or two earlier than normal and I've been getting cravings, but mostly for carbs and convenience food not sweets. Chinese sounds awesome right now. Actually, no, I take that back. I just ate and surprisingly Chinese doesn't sound good. My roomies are eating Chinese tonight and I think I expected it to sound good, but I'm full right now. 

Day 30

M1: Ground pork, 2 eggs, mushrooms + steamed cauliflower and broccoli, mayo, couldn't stomach all of it. Only ate about 1/2, but I was going running in less than an hr, so I didn't want to force down food too close to activity.

Went for a short run with the running group and played ultimate Frisbee. Definitely tiring. 

Post-WO: the rest of M1 + some extra shredded pork

M2: 2 skin-on bone-in chicken legs, salad greens, mayo, cucumber, baked potato. Ate late (~2:30-3 PM), but that's probably because of the late morning post-wo meal. Had to force down the 2nd chicken leg, because I ate everything else and left the protein until last. 

M3: Oddly, got hungry right at about 6:30 PM, so the last meal didn't hold me 4 hrs. I ate at about 7 PM and had 3 chicken legs this time and really had to force down the last one. Felt way too full after eating and felt overly full until about 9:30. I'm not sure what's going on. I wonder if my hunger at 6:30 was actually thirst? In addition to the chicken, I ate salad greens, steamed broccoli and cauliflower, and a potato. 

I was pretty tired all day, so I made sure to get extra water and really salt my food (I forgot to drink my unflavored propel, which tends to help with the tiredness after running). Then I went to bed somewhat earlier than I have been and woke up a little later than normal. My FitBit says I got 7.5 hrs of sleep, but that excludes about an hour that it says I was awake overnight. I really slept pretty well from about 10:30 PM to 6:30 AM, so that's much better than normal for me. I think I feel better today too. Maybe the extra carbs and the extra sleep were good for me. :) 

I'm a little hesitant to start reintroductions when I'm not at my best baseline though, so I may power through for a few more days or weeks, maybe until after the TOM stuff clears up in about 2 weeks. I kinda wanted to do a whole45 anyway.

Archived