Reintroducing Legumes

mstoner

I am at the beginning of the reintro phase.  Today I tried to eat some peanut butter and apples for breakfast.  I immediately felt nauseous and sick to my stomach.  So my question is should I continue with trying to add other beans/soy in or should I just take that as a sign and stay away from all the legumes.  Not really sure what to do.

well I'm not a moderator, but I would suggest staying away from all legumes, unless there's a different specific one you really miss.  (I didn't bother with re-introducing legumes as I discovered I didn't really miss any of them.)  Good luck!

• Moderators

Peanut butter can cause different reactions than other legumes, so if there are others you think you might eat going forward, it might be worth reintroducing them separately.

Was the pb & apples all you had for breakfast? How different is this than your breakfasts on Whole30? Because if you have been eating breakfasts that match the meal template, and then one day just have pb & apples, it may be as much that you had a bit of a blood sugar rush or just generally needed more food as it is that you ate peanut butter.

I just started my reintroduction as well.  I had the apple with natural, organic peanut butter along with eggs.  No problem. BUT then I tried black beans and pinto beans later in the day and I have been having gas, cramps, constant small bowel movements and swollen hemorrhoids for the last 3 days!!  I made the whole30 chili and added the beans so I really had less than a half cup.  I wonder if peanut butter will continue to be okay or if I should switch to some other nut butter.  

Archived