Older doesn't mean better - better means BETTER

mrs.frau

I am still reading the book, and am not going to start until September due to a major move and renovation that will take place this month. But - I am taking this time to really read and digest the information. I need to start building my mental fortitude for next month...

Everyday I CRAVE bread and sugary foods. This has GOT to STOP. I will be living with another family while my home gets renovated...and they love to bake and cook. As that is a part of their love language and how they extend hospitality, I will not start the Whole30 until I get home - but I will try to at least start to make some healthier decisions in the interim. Like say no to desserts, pass on the bread...man. I can already tell that I will probably have to do longer than 30 days to kick this habit!!!

All right! My husband is ON BOARD! We will do this together. Because of his work, I will have to be responsible for the cooking. Which will be new, as we normally do that together. New challenges...part of life! I'm still scared, but also excited. I think I am really REALLY hoping for a lifestyle change, and have seen that so far I am totally undisciplined and weak. That's NOT what I want the outcome of this experiment to be! I want to SUCCEED! But it will have to be ME doing the work, which hasn't worked out all that well so far. Hence, the anxiety and despair BEFORE I have even started! Ridiculous! But true. So. The uphill battle begins - I am working on picking my start date and getting my first menu in order to see if I can start to focus on getting it DONE instead of how afraid I am to fail...

Archived