BookLover02

Allergic to Coconut

Hi! I am on day 4 of my very first Whole30 and I am loving it already. There are so many delicious recipes that I just can't wait to try! Unfortunately I am allergic to coconut. Mostly coconut oil and milk but as a general rule I try to stay away from it completely. I am dying to try the ranch dressing, the sweet potato soup and a lot of the other recipes in the book that call for coconut cream  or milk. Is there a substitute for that, that will make the meals just as delicious but safe for me to eat? 

I am sorry if this questions has been asked and answered already I haven't had a chance to read through all the forums yet. I have to say that I feel so great that there is a place where I can voice questions and concerns like this! This program is so inclusive and feels so great already! 

I appreciate any answers and help! 

51 minutes ago, BookLover02 said:

Hi! I am on day 4 of my very first Whole30 and I am loving it already. There are so many delicious recipes that I just can't wait to try! Unfortunately I am allergic to coconut. Mostly coconut oil and milk but as a general rule I try to stay away from it completely. I am dying to try the ranch dressing, the sweet potato soup and a lot of the other recipes in the book that call for coconut cream  or milk. Is there a substitute for that, that will make the meals just as delicious but safe for me to eat? 

I am sorry if this questions has been asked and answered already I haven't had a chance to read through all the forums yet. I have to say that I feel so great that there is a place where I can voice questions and concerns like this! This program is so inclusive and feels so great already! 

I appreciate any answers and help! 

The easiest way to search the forum is google... 'whole30 coconut allergy' would be a good search to start with, altho just plain google will help too... there's a huge paleo community online and while Whole30 is a bit of a different animal, for answers to things that are not whole30 specific sometimes Google in general is helpful.

I don't love the taste of coconut milk in ranch dressing, so I've made it without. I use mayo, ranch seasonings (or fresh herbs), and some red wine vinegar blended together to make a very tasty ranch dressing.