#SeptemberWhole30- PLEASE HELP!

cvarriale

Hi Everyone!

After feeling pretty bad for over a year- lethargic, trouble sleeping, anxious, weight gain, hair falling out- and continually being told that my thyroid is fine, I decided to embark on the Whole30.  I just moved to Tokyo last month for work.  The plan was to move in August, get settled, and start the Whole30 on September 1.  Well, you know how it goes with plans!  I had a few set backs, and I'm still not completely unpacked, my furniture just arrived last night, and basically my apartment is in complete disarray.  I attempted to start Whole30 yesterday, but slid back into having a egg sandwich for breakfast this morning, because I was too tired and disorganized to prepare my meals last night.  I need help getting motivated!  Does anyone have a similar experience they can share?  I've accepted there is never going to be an ideal time to start this program, and I'm really looking for a loving push.  Can anyone help me out?  

Very grateful in advance for your help!  

• Moderators
2 hours ago, cvarriale said:

Hi Everyone!

After feeling pretty bad for over a year- lethargic, trouble sleeping, anxious, weight gain, hair falling out- and continually being told that my thyroid is fine, I decided to embark on the Whole30.  I just moved to Tokyo last month for work.  The plan was to move in August, get settled, and start the Whole30 on September 1.  Well, you know how it goes with plans!  I had a few set backs, and I'm still not completely unpacked, my furniture just arrived last night, and basically my apartment is in complete disarray.  I attempted to start Whole30 yesterday, but slid back into having a egg sandwich for breakfast this morning, because I was too tired and disorganized to prepare my meals last night.  I need help getting motivated!  Does anyone have a similar experience they can share?  I've accepted there is never going to be an ideal time to start this program, and I'm really looking for a loving push.  Can anyone help me out?  

Very grateful in advance for your help!  

There are a bunch of people starting on September 11, so maybe that would work for you?  That's next Monday.  I will say that there is no point in starting when you are not prepared because it's a recipe for disaster and then you just potentially feel like you 'can't' do it when of course you CAN do it, you just need to prepare.  Spend this week unpacking, go to the grocery store, make a meal plan for a week and see if you feel comfortable with the new day of Sept 11.  You can totally do it!  Especially becasue you're actually in a fortunate position as you're in a new place with new habits, new routines etc... so you can make your Tokyo kitchen and eating plan with no leftover habits from the last place you lived.  I think you can definitely do it, you just need to pick a realistic date and then work toward that.  I wouldn't pick a date too far off becuase you do want to capitalize on the 'new tokyo' kitchen and eating plan so avoiding finding new unhealthy habits off the bat will definitely help!

Archived