SEPT 6 Start Date

Shellie Jean

Hello Everyone!  

I finally decided to get myself on a track to a healthier lifestyle. My husband is doing the Whole30 with me but is struggling a bit with the whole idea of the program and today is just our first day.  I'm looking forward to living a healthier lifestyle and am hoping to keep dairy, sweets, and grains to a minimum from here on out.

Chris (my husband) works a desk job and will often feel a need to snack throughout the day rather than have a full meal for lunch. What kind of healthy snack type things can I stock up on/make for him to enjoy while we are on the plan?

I kind of pre-prepped myself and started drinking my coffee black a few weeks ago. I'm pleased to say that despite having used flavored creamers and sugar in my coffee my entire life I have successfully transitioned to black coffee. I even like it :)

So anyhow, I'm happy to be a part of this forum. I hope to share my successes and welcome any tips, tricks, and other feedback from the community. 

• Moderators

Ideally, each meal will keep you satisfied for 4-5 hours, so I'd really encourage your husband to just sit down and take a little time to eat lunch. If he does need to eat between meals, we'd encourage him to have a mini meal of protein, fat, and vegetables, or at least two of the three. So leftovers, or hard boiled eggs with carrot sticks and mayo, or tuna salad. 

Hey!

I, too, started on the 6th of September - now that I'm back in school, I need a proper reset after the summer I've had (overate way more often than I should have, drank way more than I should have a didn't exercise as much as I should have...). Probably could have picked a better day to start, as it was also the day I got on a plane and moved to a different country for college. However, I moved into a new apartment, 've got an empty fridge, nothing in the pantry and I cannot really understand most of the food labels - as they are in French, it will make me to stick to 100% whole foods. 

I will, eventually, reintroduce some of the "banned" foods into my life - without the unhealthy habits of their consumption (hopefully). 

I'm hoping to get back into a more active and healthy lifestyle, getting into better shape, clearing out my skin, which has gone really bad due to a hormonal imbalance and increase my energy levels! :-) 

I started today. I managed to have enough fresh food to get started, but I need to plan quickly to make sure I know all the little details before I do to the store. I have a retreat Oct 6, so I needed to jump in quickly.

ZenKate, Lyon is a wonderful place!  good luck!

Archived