Whole 30 Newbie

BadWolf47

Hi Everyone... My name is Mark.  I'm new to the Whole 30, but excited about the journey.  The reason I decided to do the Whole 30 is because I have an awful inner sugar dragon.  I'm in the medical field, so I see a lot of patients with diabetes and I don't want to acquire that disease.  I've started noticing some alarming symptoms within myself that has made me decide to slay that sugar dragon while there's still time.  I actually just finished Day 2 and have had a horrific headache since the end of Day 1.  However, I'm powering through it and not letting it deter me from finishing the plan.  I decided that in addition to giving up sugar that I would also take this opportunity to give up my caffeine dragon as well.  So I'm hopefully going to slay two dragons with one Whole 30!  It's nice to know I have somewhere I can come for support.  I look forward to reading your posts and providing you support as well.

Thank you for taking the time to read my introduction.

@BadWolf47 Congrats on your decision to do a Whole 30 and making it to the end of Day 2! Several other folks started yesterday too - see the thread below. [I'm on day 2, of whole30 #2.]

Good for you for giving up caffeine too! I am cutting down on my caffeine this go round, but not ready to give it up completely. Tea only, no coffee for me.

I'm new to this too!  Just started today for health reasons and advice from my doctor.  Day 1 went smoothly except for the raging headache.  Trying not to think about sugar or all the foods you can't eat.  Good luck!

Archived