Hello from New Zealand

Mazpal

I've been studying the paleo way of living for probably close to two years now, I think I must have had just about every paleo recipe book ever written out of the library, some several times and those are the ones I decided to purchase as they are a constant inspiration. From the beginning of 2017 I'd been planning on committing to doing the whole30 but struggled with the very commitment and always found a social date stood in the way. As I started reading more online blogs from paleo practitioners and September was focused on I started telling my family and friends I was going to do this and here I am!!! Day 8 for us here in NZ.

Day one (Friday) - no wine?? How was I going to handle this one and for a whole weekend. Well, I and I should say we as my husband, bless him has come on board with me, we both flew through the weekend faultlessly and even had an impromptu dinner, prompted by my two adult daughters who invited the 8 other family members for me to cater for. I had several requests on what they could contribute. I told them I would provide main meal but no, nibbles, dessert or alcohol. I had soup in the freezer (Melissa Joulwan's Golden cauliflower & silky gingered zucchini) I combined the two to amp the volume and made Mel Joulwan's Chili Chocolate and I bulked it out with spiraled veges. Everyone loved both courses and were inspired to look further into paleo. I might add here too that my husband and I were out of town until 4pm that day so I was even further impressed with efforts, despite short notice.

The rest of the week has been interesting with energy levels up and down, Monday (day 3) energy to burn, unstoppable, fabulous. Today (day8) dragging myself from chore to chore, fuzzy head and difficulty in staying focused on one chore at a time. I need to do more food prep which I know has been my saviour for the past week. 

• 5 months later...

Archived