Oils and Fats

CookinRuby

Hello Everyone,

New member here with a couple of questions on oils and fats in the whole30 and paelo eating in general. Just dowloaded the Meal Planning Template but I am slightly confused about the fats for meals. When using 1-2 thumb-sized portions is this the fat used for the cooking process or do I add a 1-2 thumb-sized portion after my meal is done cooking?

I know that snacking is not reccomended, but should I choose a small snack in the afternoon, should it include an added fat?

Hopefully this is not a redundant question, thanks in advance for the advice.

Ruby, snacking is generally not necessary if you are eating enough at your meals. If you do find it necessary to add a snack, it should be more like a mini meal with fats, protein and veg. I never snack, but some of the athletes do.

Agree with slw600 (as always). When I first started my Whole30, I felt like I "had to" snack, also. I made sure I had protein, carbs (veggies or fruit) and fat when I did snack. It wasn't long before I was able to go many hours between meals with no snacking. The best part? The hunger pangs were dull and simply reminded me it was time to eat. Unlike when I was fueled by simple carbs and my body SCREAMED at me to eat something (usually sugar) NOW! Quite the change. :-)

Re: snacking

I've really been able to differentiate the need to hydrate and drink a big glass of water and hunger.... I've totally cut out snacking and if my 1st or second meal is the right size.... I really need to think about eating the next meal ( I need the calories or I would skip it). No hunger here, I believe the snacking is a learned behavior...bad habit, that has been thrust upon us by the various powers that be ( me a consiperosy theorist?)

Archived