Starting tomorrow, 9/11

lana.the.explorer

Hi fellow Whole-30ers!

I'm new to this forum and to Whole 30. For the most part, I eat about 80% Paleo but have "fallen off the wagon" the past year. I'm really looking to regain my focus and develop a healthy relationship with food and eating in general. 

My start date is tomorrow! I love carbs and sweets and am usually a heavy night eater, so any tips on how to help the transition and stay on track is greatly appreciated!

I started this morning as well. My breakfast was a taste failure as I roasted the asparagus and zucchini too long because my six year old was helping me make sweet potato chili in the crock pot for dinner tonight. I just had to wipe peanut butter and honey on my jeans at the park after making sandwiches for my sons a little bit ago. They will be slowly switching over to eating only things I can lick off my fingers!

We (Myself and dear patient husband) are on day 12 of our first whole30. The best tips I can offer are to make sure you cook up excess to meal requirements. When cooking a dinner for instance, double or triple the recipe as if you're  catering for guests, then you will always have meals prepared and try and stay ahead. Mel Joulwan's Good season's Italian dressing has been a saviour for me on vegetables, roasted, steamed or salads. I discovered we weren't eating enough vege and too much protein. I now find our evening meal is more satisfying and my husband is not wanting snacks. ☺

17 hours ago, Tammy-chosen2017 said:

Tomorrow is the day!! Went shopping,  have a menu planned. Not working tomorrow so I will prep and be ready to roll. I'm stressing a bit about breakfast and side dishes... I'm a carb lover.  Ugh.

Hi Tammy, we were carb lovers too but I'm thrilled to say those cravings have gone. Getting past the feelings of trying to replicate baked goods was a major turning point for me. I haven't  used potatoes during our whole30 and keep sweet potatoes mostly for bases to quiches or if I need a filler or sweetener in a meal. ☺

Archived