Vitamin D3 drops: Compliant or Not? (LiveWise Naturals)

Jewels_V

I have been looking for a compliant Vitamin D supplement and almost everything in capsule form has glycerin, which I know is out.  So I decided to go the way of liquid, and I just got my order in (Amazon).  Even though all ingredients appear to be compliant, its a liquid D3/K2 supplement because apparently those vitamins sort of need each other.  So on the FAQ insert, it says the source of the D3 is lanolin from sheep's wool and the source of K2 is MK-7, which is Natto from fermented soy.  The ingredients don't say "contains soy" so is it still compliant because  the K2 is sourced from fermented soy but isn't the same as whole fermented soy?  Besides the Vitamin D and K2, the only other ingredients are peppermint oil (to make not taste bad I guess?) and organic olive oil.  

• Moderators
On September 11, 2017 at 11:34 AM, Jewels_V said:

I have been looking for a compliant Vitamin D supplement and almost everything in capsule form has glycerin, which I know is out.  So I decided to go the way of liquid, and I just got my order in (Amazon).  Even though all ingredients appear to be compliant, its a liquid D3/K2 supplement because apparently those vitamins sort of need each other.  So on the FAQ insert, it says the source of the D3 is lanolin from sheep's wool and the source of K2 is MK-7, which is Natto from fermented soy.  The ingredients don't say "contains soy" so is it still compliant because  the K2 is sourced from fermented soy but isn't the same as whole fermented soy?  Besides the Vitamin D and K2, the only other ingredients are peppermint oil (to make not taste bad I guess?) and organic olive oil.  

I think the delay in getting an answer is because non of us have the qualifications to determine if something 'from fermented soy' is still a soy product scientifically... I think it is and, I think it's erroneous for a company to not list soy as an allergen. I would stay way from this product for your Whole30... 

If you want further information on it, I would write or call the company and ask them specifically why they don't list soy as an allergen and how Natto relates to fermented soy.

This one's in a gelatin capsule https://www.vitacost.com/vitacost-vitamin-d3-as-cholecalciferol-10000-iu-365-capsules

This liquid's in sunflower seed oil so it's not ideal, but if you're not relying on nuts and seeds for fat on a regular basis, maybe the 1mL of sunflower seed oil per day wouldn't be terrible? (Not a mod, just positing a theory) https://www.vitacost.com/solgar-vitamin-d3-liquid-natural-orange-5000-iu-2-fl-oz

This one's in MCT oil from coconut/palm kernel https://www.vitacost.com/now-liquid-vitamin-d-3

You can get K2 from egg yolks and organ meats, so that one is possible to get from a food source. It is also in fermented foods (such as the natto they derive it from in the liquid you got), so eat up if you like sauerkraut! The process isn't super efficient, but your body can also convert K1 into K2. It's fat soluble but following Whole30 means you're going to get enough fat to make the vitamin bioavailable. :)

Archived