Pregnant and need breakfast advice

Hello, 

I'm 23 weeks pregnant and have finally got my taste back for vegetables.  I suffered with bad nausea up until a few weeks ago.  To combat the nausea, I ate a lot of crackers and rice and bread.  To make matters worse, my husband and I moved a couple of weeks ago.  It was tough trying to cook in a kitchen when you don't know where anything is located.  We ate a lot of meals out too.  I've put on more weight than I should have so far.  I'm ready to get back on track, but I'm having a problem with breakfast.  I take the train to work.  I'm up at 5am to catch the 6am train.  I don't have a lot of time in the morning.  I have to shower in the morning, so it doesn't leave a lot of time for making breakfast.  I have such long days and I find it's better for have two mini breakfast.  I have enough time to quickly scramble some eggs for breakfast at home, but I find once I get to work, I'm in need of more food before lunch.  I don't have the appetite to eat anything more than a few eggs when I first get up, so eating more at home before I go isn't an option.  Any ideas on a quick portable breakfast I can eat once I get to work?  If it's something I can make in advance and freeze for the week, that's even better.  

I make mini frittatas. Use a muffin tin and add in whatever veggies you like. Bake them and freeze them. At work, you can microwave them and they usually taste just as good as fresh made. You'll probably still want to add in something fatty.

You can try deli meats and veggie sticks and dip. That's my go to, carry around meal if I need one.

Any kind of soup. When I had morning sickness, I found soup to be one of the most palatable things. Make a huge batch and freeze it in the portion sizes you want. Just make sure it's got all the right things - protein, veggies and fat. My personal favorite is Thai coconut chicken soups loaded with veggies.

Good luck!

Archived