Accidental Slip

BadWolf47

Hi Everyone,

I'm on Day 8 of my Whole 30.  I'm seeking some advice for an accidental slip I had.  I've been diligent about reading every label and staying strict to the rules.  However, today at work in the cafeteria I asked for a cup of unsweetened tea and was unknowingly given sweet tea instead.  I half swallowed and then spit the rest out as soon as I realized it was sweetened. Am I required to start the Whole 30 from Day 1 again?  Will I not have good results if I continue forward with this one accidental slip that wasn't my fault?  I welcome your input.

Thank you.

I think it really depends on the results you want to get! I'm on day 11 and I told myself I would do my absolute very best to be compliant which meant to me, read all ingredients twice, inquire about all cooking when going out and doing my due diligence, doing my research ahead of time, no purposeful "slip-ups", no cheating etc and that if I ever like ate something where I did all my due diligence but still outside of my control that there was sugar, soybean oil etc I would let it go and keep going. The results I want however are not as much about the "resetting" my body so any sugar even accidental is an issue, but to develop a healthy relationship with food, make great choices, and find other ways to comfort myself than by eating. So I feel if I accidentally swallowed some sweetened tea that doesn't impact the goals I set for myself and starting over might even cause me some resentment over food so I wouldn't. I agree though, everyone needs to make the decision for themselves but I thought I would offer another perspective! I would think about your goals

I literally had the exact same thing happen.  I was on day 14 and opted to just keep going.  But I do think that is a personal decision.  I'd have started over but I have a ton of traveling in Oct. and I didn't want to end up back in the middle.  My plan right now is to get back on starting again in Nov. either way because I really wanted to do more of a whole 45.  Hopefully I just don't stop and keep it solid straight through, but I'm not going to stress after the first 30 days for now.  

• 2 weeks later...

Archived