Peanut Butter, No, No

I have been Whole 30'ing for a bit now and wanted to give peanut butter a try. Peanut Butter was once a great go-to smothered on veggies and paired with fruits like apples and bananas.

I re-introduced peanut butter into my diet this week and found some nasty after effects. I woke up feeling bloated and moody. I didnt feel as energized as I have been while whole 30'ing.

I am interested in others thoughts on peanuts/legumes. Have you introduced them? How does eating peanut butter make you feel?

for me...its not worth it. Buh-bye to peanut butter!

Peanut butter was one of the first foods I reintroduced, I love it, especially on bananas. I usually eat almond butter or tahini now because these are supposed to be healthier but PB is definitely on my F-off list...I save it for special occasions and I get unsalted to reduce bloating :) I'm sorry you have to give it up...try Sunbutter it's a great substitute!

I used to say that peanut butter was a food group for me. It is funny that right now I don't miss it. I know that I have a peanut butter beast inside me that I keep locked up with the sugar dragon. I am not sure about the physical effects as much as the psychological effects.

You are making it just scary enough that I will avoid reintroducing it!

Just before I came across Whole 30, I'd bought 6 jars of my favourite organic peanut butter (I order online so it's cheaper to buy in bulk) I cleared them out the kitchen but hung onto them. thinking I'd reintroduce after W30. However, since then I've read so much about the damage grains and legumes can do to the body that I gve them to my SIL. I want to keep eating healthy foods for life. If I've spent so long trying to heal my body, why reintroduce things I believe could be dodgy.

Archived