September 18 start date

Tj V

25 minutes ago, kirbz said:

Gah, I'm scared to join the new thread! LOL. Will anyone be staying on this one and continuing the Whole30 for a while longer?

I'm game to go back and forth between the two.

• Replies 693
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@kirbz I'm still here, def for another 7 days but possibly longer. I'm currently debating whether to keep going... Although I may try reintro and then come back to W30 as I go. But yes, I'll be here and I'm going to keep an eye on the reintro thread so I can see how everyone else is doing!

Yay, I'm glad there will still be some folks hanging around on this thread too! *happy dance*

Oh, and can everyone post their NSV results (or any other results you're stoked about) once y'all are done? I'd love to hear about them and we can all celebrate with you! I'll post mine tomorrow! I want to get my measurements but I seem to have lost my body tape so I ordered a new one on Amazon. :-) 

16 hours ago, kirbz said:

Yay, I'm glad there will still be some folks hanging around on this thread too! *happy dance*

Oh, and can everyone post their NSV results (or any other results you're stoked about) once y'all are done? I'd love to hear about them and we can all celebrate with you! I'll post mine tomorrow! I want to get my measurements but I seem to have lost my body tape so I ordered a new one on Amazon. :-) 

Hey, @kirbz.  I'll be working on my NSV's today, along with the rest of the fam.  We did not weigh ourselves this time around, as I found myself being obsessed with the idea of losing weight last Whole 30 go and the notion of NSVs was completely lost with me, so we are focusing on those this time and using this as a primer for our upcoming programs... the Primal Blueprint for DH and kiddos and Bright Line Eating for myself.  

@SineadMon so you'll be sticking it out for the duration?  I hope so... you've come so far!;). Reintro will be here in no time!!!

@Nancy61 yes, definitely!  We've been doing these cleanses yearly.  

Happy Wednesday, all!

Yes @dmrob2009.. I'm still here and determined to see Day30! Having some digestive discomfort today which I really didn't expect at this stage of the program. But I do think it's from a magnesium supplement I've started to take (the Natural Calm powder) rather than food. Either way, my whole system feels a bit off and so I've a feeling it'll be a long day. But I'll get there!

Good luck today with your reintroductions everyone... Really hope I'm the only one with discomfort today!!! :)

22 minutes ago, SineadMon said:

Yes @dmrob2009.. I'm still here and determined to see Day30! Having some digestive discomfort today which I really didn't expect at this stage of the program. But I do think it's from a magnesium supplement I've started to take (the Natural Calm powder) rather than food. Either way, my whole system feels a bit off and so I've a feeling it'll be a long day. But I'll get there!

Good luck today with your reintroductions everyone... Really hope I'm the only one with discomfort today!!! :)

Thank you.  :) I hope you get to feeling better soon!

24 minutes ago, SineadMon said:

I had some of that in the last week as well.  It seemed odd like you said, like on progressively feeling better would be more likely.  Hang in there!  The last week does go by pretty quickly.

57 minutes ago, SineadMon said:

Having had some digestive discomfort from Natural Calm myself....I had to cut the dosage in half. I only take it at night, not during the day and I started off with less than the recommended dose and then built it up from there. 

Thanks @Tj V - I think I took too much over the last few days so I haven't taken any today. But I agree that you need to play with the dosage. I feel ok knowing that is the cause of it, otherwise I think i would feel much more disappointed. It's funny @Svmomma, I really thought this week would be Tiger Blood season, but not extra that for me right now. Hopefully tomorrow!

Thanks @dmrob2009 and everyone :)

54 minutes ago, SineadMon said:

Thanks @Tj V - I think I took too much over the last few days so I haven't taken any today. But I agree that you need to play with the dosage. I feel ok knowing that is the cause of it, otherwise I think i would feel much more disappointed. It's funny @Svmomma, I really thought this week would be Tiger Blood season, but not extra that for me right now. Hopefully tomorrow!

Feel better soon.  As has been said, Day 30 will be here quicker than you realize now!  I can honestly say that I never really had what I thought "Tiger's Blood" was going to be.  I have done a lot (most of it, because I was moving and "had" to) more physically, but I'm not ready to do 20 mile hikes in the mountains!  Maybe (and this happens to me often) my expectations were too high.  What I do know is that I feel much better than I did.  I also have learned a ton about nutrition and myself.  I have no doubt, that if I can stay the course and stay 80-90% Whole 30 compliant, over time, I will feel Tiger's Blood at some point.  You will too!  Hang in there.

1 hour ago, SineadMon said:

@SineadMon Sure thing! Definitely no 'light switch' moment for me.  My version of tiger blood, if this helps at all, was more motivation and less dreading of mundane chores that seemed monumental before I started this program (cooking being one of those things... heck, I sort of enjoy it now!).  Also, the joint pain that seemed to flare back up midway has since disappeared.  So, I would definitely NOT be able to run a mile without getting very winded (if I was able to do it at all :P) but I could walk forever and ever.  It's all sort of relative to where you were before Whole 30.  After you begin feeling better, maybe, as @kirbz suggested, print out the NSV checklist and fill it out.  I guarantee you'll check off more than you think you will.  ;)

Thanks @dmrob2009 I actually printed out the NSV on Monday as I was feeling a little bit unmotivated for the final week. It's looking good - and I will be interested to see what the scales say next week. Although I want to become less focused on the scales moving forward.

It's interesting that none of us are/have experienced the Tiger Blood we expected. But maybe, as you said @Mike5858, it just came in a different way to what we expected.

@Tj V I've been drinking peppermint tea all morning and have less pain, still some discomfort but it's soothing. Just had lunch too so feeling like Day 24 is almost done!

14 minutes ago, SineadMon said:

Thanks @dmrob2009 I actually printed out the NSV on Monday as I was feeling a little bit unmotivated for the final week. It's looking good - and I will be interested to see what the scales say next week. Although I want to become less focused on the scales moving forward.

It's interesting that none of us are/have experienced the Tiger Blood we expected. But maybe, as you said @Mike5858, it just came in a different way to what we expected.

@Tj V I've been drinking peppermint tea all morning and have less pain, still some discomfort but it's soothing. Just had lunch too so feeling like Day 24 is almost done!

Great news!! Keep up the good work!!

Day 32... ;) We finished strong and have kind of kept going, minus two glasses of wine last night!

I'm down 5.3 lbs and my sugar cravings are gone. So are the (formerly) compulsive afternoon and evening snacks that just kept going and going. 

We're not sure what the future looks like, but we've formed some good new habits these last 4 weeks and are continuing those for now!

Hi all.. Day25 for me! I had such a long day at work yesterday that I'm truly exhausted.. but I wanted to come on here and seek your advice/support/thoughts about the next few days/weeks. Probably due to the stress and tiredness over the last few days, I've found myself getting really excited about finishing the program -  but really so that I can eat ALL OF THE THINGS! I completely understand the logic of the reintro and the program and I do believe I can change this mindset over the next few days (before Day30!) but I would like your help. 

Did any of you feel this near the end? Like I have had some many NSVs and am feeling good and able to finish the next few days. But I'm also worried about being 'off the program' or "falling off the wagon" a bit. Also, there's a bit of me that is just thinking - girl, you've got this far, now hit that candy aisle and enjoy all the things you couldn't have (REALLY BAD MINDSET, I know!). One of my issues before this program (and one of my main WHY's coming in!) was because I tended to comfort eat on candy and food a lot, and some times I really enjoyed to sit in front of the TV in the evening with some cookies and candy and just unwind. And I'm just getting worried now that when the program ends, I won't have the same focus - I think it's also driven by the fact that I seem to be counting down the hours until Day30, even though I feel great (albeit tired and cranky this morning, sorry!)

Anyone else struggle with this? 

I know you're all on your reintro and sorry to be asking all this, but if you do have any insights it would be great!! :):)

29 minutes ago, SineadMon said:

Hi all.. Day25 for me! I had such a long day at work yesterday that I'm truly exhausted.. but I wanted to come on here and seek your advice/support/thoughts about the next few days/weeks. Probably due to the stress and tiredness over the last few days, I've found myself getting really excited about finishing the program -  but really so that I can eat ALL OF THE THINGS! I completely understand the logic of the reintro and the program and I do believe I can change this mindset over the next few days (before Day30!) but I would like your help. 

Did any of you feel this near the end? Like I have had some many NSVs and am feeling good and able to finish the next few days. But I'm also worried about being 'off the program' or "falling off the wagon" a bit. Also, there's a bit of me that is just thinking - girl, you've got this far, now hit that candy aisle and enjoy all the things you couldn't have (REALLY BAD MINDSET, I know!). One of my issues before this program (and one of my main WHY's coming in!) was because I tended to comfort eat on candy and food a lot, and some times I really enjoyed to sit in front of the TV in the evening with some cookies and candy and just unwind. And I'm just getting worried now that when the program ends, I won't have the same focus - I think it's also driven by the fact that I seem to be counting down the hours until Day30, even though I feel great (albeit tired and cranky this morning, sorry!)

Anyone else struggle with this? 

I know you're all on your reintro and sorry to be asking all this, but if you do have any insights it would be great!! :):)

Girl, this is totally normal.  Many of us are here because we have an unhealthy relationship with food.  I absolutely LOVE cake, ice cream and chocolate.  I am a baker and just love this time of year because I have lots of opportunities to bake... and eat!  Sigh.  But I've been putting on winter layers for the last 3 years, about 10lbs each year, that are becoming difficult to get off.  That's why I'm here now and using this Whole 30, not for weight loss, but to attempt a change in the way I feel about food.  Reintro is a vital part of this.  Not sure if you've been on the reintro thread today or not, but I urge you to jump on and see what's happening.  This is truly VERY  eye opening and I'm back in the comfort zone of Whole 30 compliance for the next two days.  This is the first reintro that I've attempted in 3 Whole 30's.   It's an experience that you do not want to miss out on. I'm already finding that negative effects from alcohol reintro are shaping my desire to partake in craft beer (gluten free), which I love.  I just cannot do beer anymore.  It doesn't agree... at all.  I guess my point is... you've come this far.  Just hang in there and get yourself through reintro.  You'll thank yourself later.  ;)

Thanks so much @dmrob2009. The main reason I wanted to voice these feelings here, and now, was to help prepare myself for next week. I know food freedom is a long journey with many twists and turns, and i'm so proud that all of us were able to take this on and learn so much from it. This will be the first time I've fully completed a W30 and so I suppose I had this idea that it was going to completely remove any type of cravings or bingeing forever!!!! Today I need to make peace with the fact that I've learned so so much and that I can use that information going forward. I do agree the reintro period is going to be so important and I've been following you and @Mike5858's experience this morning. So enlightening! I suppose it doesn't matter whether this is your first or 10th W30, always so much to learn and our bodies are always changing and responding. Thanks so much for the support!! :)

In all honesty...I ate at a fast food joint...because I worked my butt off in the yard and grooming 3 dogs and my back hurt and...well, I wanted it. It was easy. It DID NOT MAKE ME FEEL GOOD or satisfied. In fact, I felt crappy and bloated and sort of sick to my stomach! The grass is not always greener where we were before and if it was...we wouldn't be here in the first place! So, hang in there, @SineadMon! I hope my experience helps to curb your cravings.

22 minutes ago, Tj V said:

In all honesty...I ate at a fast food joint...because I worked my butt off in the yard and grooming 3 dogs and my back hurt and...well, I wanted it. It was easy. It DID NOT MAKE ME FEEL GOOD or satisfied. In fact, I felt crappy and bloated and sort of sick to my stomach! The grass is not always greener where we were before and if it was...we wouldn't be here in the first place! So, hang in there, @SineadMon! I hope my experience helps to curb your cravings.

@Tj V one thing is for certain, this program really makes us think about our decisions regarding food.  I'm in recovery mode, too, from reintro.  LOL. Hope you feel better soon!  

19 minutes ago, dmrob2009 said:

@Tj V one thing is for certain, this program really makes us think about our decisions regarding food.  I'm in recovery mode, too, from reintro.  LOL. Hope you feel better soon!  

Thanks! I'm ok today. It was a rough night though. I hope you feel better soon. I don't know if it was soda or the grease! But...ugh! Hey...btw...can you give me the link to the reintro group again? I lost it. Thanks!

25 minutes ago, Tj V said:

Thanks! I'm ok today. It was a rough night though. I hope you feel better soon. I don't know if it was soda or the grease! But...ugh! Hey...btw...can you give me the link to the reintro group again? I lost it. Thanks!

Sure thing!  Here it is...

Archived