New to whole30

Tazzo

I'm on day 6 of my first whole30. I've read the books and got everything I need and am feeling good about getting through the first five days.

I was hoping for some advise as I'm always hungry. An hour after eating a meal I feel hungry. I'm having protein and fats with each meal.

Anyone else feel the same? What are some whole30 snacks I could have while my body adjusts?

Protein - I would have 2 eggs or about the size of my palm worth of chicken or beef.

I cook with extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil. 

I don't workout more than twice a week but I'm a first grade teacher, so very busy during the day.

Advice would be greatly appreciated

Ok, so a serving of eggs when they are your only source of protein in a meal would be the number of WHOLE eggs you can hold in one hand. Most females can manage 3-4.

Remember that the 1-2 palms is a range. If you're hungry, then eat more. Protein & fat are going to provide the best satiety so I'd start by adding a little more protein & fat to each meal & see how you go from there. Fat wise what you're using to cook with will mostly stay in the pan so feel free to add something extra to the plate - olives, avocado, a drizzle of oil/ghee, some coconut cream - a little of what you fancy - fat is your friend here ;)

Veg will provide bulk/fibre and help you to feel full so make sure you;re getting a good variety at each meal. And MANY people mistake thirst for hunger, so make sure you're getting the recommended 1/2 an ounce of water per pound of body weight daily.

If those work outs are intense don;t forget to add in some additional postWO protein.

Let us know how you're getting on............... :)

Archived