Start Day set on September 27

CandyCraver

I am open to any suggestions or encouragement. I am not a cook, I am not a planner, I am not a preparer.  But I want to learn and do this right. I'm getting up there in the years and I think this will be great... but I'm a little apprehensive about my ability to really do it!! 

• Moderators

The good news is, you don't have to do fancy recipes, you just need to make your meals meet the meal template. So, it can be as simple as scrambled eggs with spinach and avocado, or ground beef with taco seasoning, on top of leafy greens, with tomatoes, onions, bell pepper, diced zucchini, and guacamole for a "taco salad." I don't really meal plan, but this method of prep resonated with me. I probably don't do it exactly the way she describes, but basically, the idea for me is to make sure there's always cooked protein and chopped vegetables in the fridge, so when I'm ready to eat, I just heat stuff up. On days when I have time, I may make something fresh at meal time, but during the week, when I'm working, it's nice that I don't really have to do much.

• 9 months later...

Archived