kirbz

Kira's Whole30 Log

MINI RESET, Day 5: Friday, February 8

Sleep Last Night: 8 hours 38 minutes (0:32 deep; 5:17 light; 2:49 REM; 0:21 awake)

Wakeup: 7:15 am

Meal 1 (8:30 am): three scrambled eggs with a splash of coconut milk cooked in leftover bacon fat; 2.5 slices of bacon; large bowl of zucchini soup

Exercise (12:00-1:00 pm): 1.85-mile snowshoe hike with 318 feet of elevation gain (170 max HR; 143 average HR)

Meal 2 (1:30 pm): four chicken tenders pan-cooked in avocado oil with BBQ sauce, salt, and pepper; one can of sliced potatoes pan-cooked in ghee

Meal 3 (8:30 pm): five slices of tri-tip cooked on the BBQ with marinade; three half spinach and artichoke potatoes

Water Intake: ~80 oz

Steps: 11,104

Symptoms/NSVs:

• Still constipated

Thoughts/Reflections: Nothing significant to report today. Need more vegetables and more water. And probably less potatoes….

Two things I wanted to note: 

1. I have not been sick since I started my Whole30 journey shortly after Thanksgiving. This is despite coworkers, friends, and family all around me getting sick with all kinds of cold and flu yuckiness. 
  2. Bread, especially bread all on its own, is a trigger for me. It makes me want to eat all the things. Cookies. Chocolate. Ice cream. More bread. So bread is most definitely only for very special occasions. 

I want to be eating more vegetables so I think I'm going to try a new thing for next week. I'm going to come up with a list of a variety of vegetables, some familiar and some newer, and commit to incorporate those into my meals for the week. So, here's what I have planned for next week! I'd like to then follow up and account for how I did! 

Vegetable List for Week of February 18

• Asparagus
  • Cucumber
  • Kale (rarely eat) 
  • Broccoli 
  • Zucchini
  • Yellow Squash (rarely eat) 
  • Radishes (rarely eat) 
  • Cabbage (rarely eat) 
  • Brussel Sprouts 
  • Cauliflower 
  • Beets (rarely eat)