Starting Sept 18th

DrewMc

Hello Everyone!

My fiance' and I are about to start our first round of Whole 30!  I have a shopping list in hand for a weeks worth of meals, we're purged most of our pantry and we're ready to rock and roll.

We're coming off of about a year of stress, new jobs, moving, etc. and we've both put on more pounds then we care to admit.  On top of that I'm asthmatic, she's had migraines, chemical balance challenges, joint pains, and other ailments that we're hoping improved with our new relationship with food.

It's time to do something, we've read the books, and just came off of vacation.. so the next thirty days look relatively manageable, with only a few challenging days on the calendar.. lets do this!

Good luck to you and your fiance, Drew!  There are lots of us in the same boat.  I keep joking with my wife and daughters that I will quit drinking soda and eating better "on Monday" -- well, here we are!  Hope your first day is going well - good things are in store for you both!

Hey @Brad C!  Thanks for the words of encouragement!  So far Im right on track with what they say to expect as you start the program.. it's Day 1 and Im all kinds of fired up about it :-) We'll see if Day 3's "Kill all the things" holds true, lol!  Are you starting a whole 30 program today then as well?

@kirbz!  I saw your Whole 30 Log when I went to create mine.  I didnt click into many peoples because I didnt want to lurk on their private-ish stuff, but mine is out there too.. "Drew's Whole 30 Log" complete with depressing *before* pics of my current situation.  You are absolutely welcome to "join us", we'll keep each other strong as we take each step.  What do you feel like the biggest reasons are that you stopped last time?  And what has you feeling more confident this time?

Maybe instead of keeping our own personal logs we should keep more of a "group" log?  So we're accountable to more than just ourselves.. but to each other as well?  What do you think?

I doubt my fiance' will log into the forums (tho I did tell her about them) much, so it's basically just me, but I'd really like more support then just talking to her about stuff.

Thanks DrewMc! Feel free to look at my log. I certainly don't consider it personal, just another means of accountability. In general, I welcome any and all forms of encouragement, wisdom, guidance, etc. to help with my motivation. 

To answer your question, I quit before because the program was causing a ton of stress and anxiety so I carefully and intentionally decided that it wasn't worth it. At the time, I was hiking a lot and planning some backpacking trips and I found myself not wanting to do those anymore because I couldn't figure out what to eat. It seemed kinda stupid to do a program that made me want to stop doing what I love most, especially when those things are healthy and good for me. 

Things are different now because we have a brand new puppy and I'm pretty much house-bound for the next eight weeks until he's fully vaccinated so I figured, why not do it now? Hopefully, during these 30 days, I'll build some good habits and meal planning skills so that I'll more easily know what to eat and when! And then, when I'm free to get back outside with our pup, it won't be so daunting! 

Fantastic @kirbz (P.S. Click on the little drop down that appears to get the blue/attention affect.. you could even "tag me" in another reply on some other thread and I think I would see it.  Kind of like Twitter.) !  

I understand the food selection stuff can be kind of daunting especially with events like your backpacking trips.. so I think your decision before to stop was a good one.

That said, doing it while you're house bound with your new puppy seems like the *perfect* time for it.  What kind of dog did you get?

Archived