Orange Oil in My Stool...

C. Lane

Today marks day 8 of my Whole 30 journey! I already find that I'm waking up easier each morning and have less brain fog. My typical set of three meals looks like this: 

Meal 1: 2 eggs fried with olive oil topped with sautéed red bell peppers and compliant salsa. Side of sliced apples sprinkled with cinnamon. 

Meal 2: Leftovers. Most recently spaghetti squash topped with compliant ground beef meat sauce. 

Meal 3: Same as meal 2 (When I work I stand a 48-72 hr shift so I meal prep with one large dish and divide it accordingly). 

I cut out caffeine for the 30 days as well so I'm drinking compliant herbal tea once in the morning and then to wind down at night. 

Until a couple of hours ago everything seemed to go well, I just had the usual fatigue and headaches from adjusting. My bowel movements even felt quicker and smoother. However, during my most recent bowel movement I noticed BRIGHT ORANGE spots of oil floating near the surface of the water in the toilet above my normal looking stool. 

I have seen a lot about different adjustments people have had in their BMs, but nothing like what I've mentioned. Is this actually abnormal bodily response, or should I contact a physician about an underlying medical issue? 

Archived