Niki's Whole 30 - Round 1!

nicholegoodrich16

I went from counting calories and macros for 3 years to this.  Watching every bit of fat intake to make sure it didn't go above 20% of my calories was time consuming, miserable, stressful, BUT successful.  So - yesterday was a huge challenge for me.  Eating avocado, nuts, BACON....

Additionally, I used to eat every 2 hours - all day - every day.  This is all new to me. 

So - I'm starting slow and learning as I go.  I'm 100% making sure my food is compliant and I'm tweaking the when/how much's as I go.

Like right now, I'm snacking on grapes because it's "snack time" in my brain.  

So here I am on day 2.  I'm a big fan of meal prepping and eating the same thing every day all week (except dinner).  So, today (Day 2) is the same as yesterday (Day 1) but with a different dinner....and will continue until Day 7.  My real challenge will be Saturday when we have a horse show all day.  I will have to pack my lunch.

So - YES - my week is not going per the recommended "meal" and "no snacking" - but bear with me.  I'll get better!

Breakfast - Sausage Pizza Egg Muffins

Snack 1 - Grapes, Cashews

Lunch - Creamy Bacon Garlic Spaghetti Squash

Snack 2 - Avocado, Bite size salami, cucumbers and Ranch

(All made w/ compliant ingredients)

Dinners
Monday was a grass fed beef patty topped with an egg fried in ghee, sliced rosemary fingerling potatoes from my garden, and steamed broccoli
Tuesday (tonight) is this Lemon Olive Chicken (with compliant olives) with asparagus
Wednesday is Taco Meat on top of lettuce w/ Ranch (link above)
Thursday is zoodles with ground grass fed beef/compliant pork sausage (50/50 mix) and compliant marinara

Friday and Saturday will be a challenge as Friday night we will be getting the horse ready for the show and Saturday my daughter is showing all day.  Wish me luck!  Also - shoot me some ideas for Friday and Saturday night. 

Archived