Hello,

I have just hit my 5th week (37 days) and I hit a weight loss plateau. I started at 261 pounds and have lost 26 pounds in 30 days. I work out about 1 hour a day 5 days a week. I am down to 235 I want to get down to 205. I plan on sticking with the whole 30 for at least another 2 months. I have always been athletic and have carried my wieght well. At this wieght I have always had trouble getting into the 220 range. I really need some good suggestions to changing some things to trick my body. anything that has worked for people please let me know. Best

John

• Administrators
2 hours ago, John Strachan said:

Hello,

I have just hit my 5th week (37 days) and I hit a weight loss plateau. I started at 261 pounds and have lost 26 pounds in 30 days. I work out about 1 hour a day 5 days a week. I am down to 235 I want to get down to 205. I plan on sticking with the whole 30 for at least another 2 months. I have always been athletic and have carried my wieght well. At this wieght I have always had trouble getting into the 220 range. I really need some good suggestions to changing some things to trick my body. anything that has worked for people please let me know. Best

John

Wow, 26# in 30 days is amazing! Take a minute and congratulate yourself. Then, understand how disruptive that has been to your body. The burning of fat dumps toxins and hormones into our body that need to be filtered out. It means that your body is working to keep up with balance because you've drastically reduced its size in short order. It means that your entire body needs to get used to what is happening and sometimes that comes in the way of a "plateau". Don't think negatively of a plateau, it's your body rebalancing and preparing for what's next. Just keep going............keep eating well and exercising and getting adequate rest. It'll come. But forcing or "tricking" it is undermining what is actually a needed body process. 

You've done great and I understand wanting to keep progressing. Just remember you didn't get where you are in 60 or 90 days and you won't leave there in 60 or 90 days. ;) 

One thing I'd add here - your work-outs, are they the same all the time? Because setting nutrition aside the body adapts very quickly to exercise which is why many coaches will work in 6wk cycles, maybe focusing on strength for the first six weeks, then switching to a more metabolic conditioning type of work out for the second cycle,. then maybe a third cycle of combining the two.....

Just as you need variety in your diet in order to reach a full complement of nutrients, so do you also need a variety of exercise & movement in order for the body to feel the full benefits.

Archived