Period Returns After Being Pre-Menopausal

Mrs D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm 54, haven't had a period in two years. Yesterday, I felt lower energy and bloated. What the heck? I was surprised in the evening to discover I'd started having a period. While I'm feeling better physically today, I'm pretty dang cranky about it, because I enjoyed being all done with that.  SOOO glad I thought to check the forums this morning, to learn that I'm not alone.

• 4 weeks later...

So glad I stumbled on this thread.  I'm in the midst of the period free year before one is officially post-menopausal.  Last year, I was nine months in before I had to reset that clock.  Anyway, it's good to learn of a way one's body may behave due to it rebalancing itself.

• 1 year later...
On 1/9/2018 at 3:12 PM, Alayne said:

I am 56 and have been in menopause for 4 years (no periods during that time).  I am 8 days into the Whole30 and yesterday got my period.  I'm wondering if it is from doing the Whole30 or coincidental.  Anyone else have this experience?

Hi, and I too am experiencing a change.  I've been in pre-menopause for about 6 months with no period, and on day 15 of my W30 (this weekend) I start a cycle.  NO warning.  In reading what I can find in the forum it sounds like due to the hormonal reset, etc., that this is common, however I was not prepared for it, and rather sad because of it as my P-M periods when they do occur are heavy and can last 3 weeks.  Crossing fingers this hormonal reset also resets that duration aspect.  Good luck to us all.

Archived