Binge eating and re-starting Whole30

5280sarah

@Dragonslayer  I went to Kripalu a couple of years ago to attend a seminar with Geneen Roth.  It was good but I helpfully didn't adopt many of the recommendations.  It opened my eyes though to how many women struggle with this.  It was amazing to me too that she'd been wiped out by Bernie Madoff.  I want to read Grain Brain so will download.  

TGIF everyone.  We're apparently getting snow this weekend.  

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@hmg1993that’s so cool! I really wanted to be able to hear one of her seminars after reading all her books, but the price and distance to travel was a little too out of my realistic zone. I also don’t agree with some of her stuff. Like eating cookies every night for dinner until you don’t want to eat them anymore. I tried some of her techniques like that and was miserable for months. Didn’t work for me. But I always do try to use her mindfulness techniques like not eating standing at the fridge, and really trying to sit focus on and enjoy everything I eat on a plate without distractions and with good intentions. 

Busy day at work today which I’m really excited about. We are opening a bunch of new ski terrain so it will be exciting and distracting all day. I feel like a lost puppy this morning bc I just realiZed we are out of eggs haha. But I managed to put together some leftover deer with sautéed mushrooms and zoodles and some avocado. 1st Lunch will be leftover chipotle chili salmon, bacon wrapped asparagus, and spaghetti squash, and 2nd lunch is baked delicata squash smothered in the leftover spinach artichoke dip with chicken sausage. Planning to eat a lot today bc I know it will be cold, exhausting, and I don’t want to come home ravenous. 

15 hours ago, hmg1993 said:

Hi everyone!  Here's a couple of recipes that have been inspiring me (just the first two).  I made the pork but used carrots and parsnips instead of butternut.  So good and great leftovers (and the calorie thing i ignore and also add more carbs like a sweet potato).  The chicken + brussels sprouts are delicious.  I'm all into keeping it super easy right now as not feeling well 

https://www.newsday.com/lifestyle/columnists/marge-perry/3-simple-dinner-recipes-under-400-calories-1.13049412?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=postplanner&utm_source=facebook.com

Will post next week's menus on Saturday.

@DragonslayerCongrats on Day 5  and smooth move on the credit card transfer!!  Thanks to you and @littleg for the advice on no drinking (I have totally used the medication one :)).  For something new and different, I'm going to own it and say what I am doing with pride. I tend to want to be a people pleaser and I need to cut that out and stand up for myself.

@*KG  Not that I am a paragon of this or anything but I think anything you find addictive is probably worth screening out of your life right now.  Now if only i could apply those words of wisdom to my shopping

What are you reading @Dragonslayer? I am working my way through the Chilbury Ladies' Choir and loving it.  

:-) That's the problem with addictions: they are difficult habits to break! They go hand-in-hand with cravings.

I'm so sorry everyone.  Apparently my computer skills are at an all time low.  I will post some menus and recipes tomorrow!  Sorry about the links.  Hope you had a good day.  I made it through my dinner and no issues with not drinking.  Phew.

Good morning! Hope everyone is able to have a relaxing and enjoyable weekend. Weekends are the busiest time at work for me, so it’s never relaxing, but I love them because the days just fly by. I had a good day yesterday. It was so exhausting physically, but stayed well fueled, and never felt the panicked starvation. We went out to dinner after work bc cooking was not gonna happen. The restaurant we chose had probably the least amount of Whole30 options I’ve ever seen which sucked, but I was able to get a burger and side salad. Obviously didn’t eat the bun, but the burger and onions I could tell were cooked in lots of what I’m assuming was either vegetable or another typical restaurant oil. Oh well, I did my best. Had to go grocery shopping afterwards bc our fridge is empty, and while at the store I felt like I was still a little hungry. I needed some kind of carb after my active and cold day. Stayed mindful through the whole shopping experience, then came home and ate a plain sweet potato to satisfy my carb craving. I just know if I don’t get enough carbs regardless of my quantity of food intake, cravings go bad, so I’m making sure to stay aware of this for the next week or so until my tough days are past me. 

I bought the new Whole30 day by day book that just came out. I started it yesterday (day 6) instead of day 1 bc the 2nd week is when things start to feel hard for me. I like it so far. Lots of tips and tricks, with journaling included at the end of each day. Hopefully it helps! 

Nicely done @Dragonslayer!  Staying ahead of the trouble spots is key!

So the pork tenderloin recipe that I ad libbed is as follows

Mix in a bowl a tablespoon of olive oil, a teaspoon of compliant dijon mustard and a teaspoon or more of fresh rosemary.  Roll two one pound tenderloins in the mix and put on a baking tray lined with parchment.  Add into the bowl any cut up veggies you like -- I like red onion, carrots and parsnips but fennel and squash would also be lovely.  Add in another tablespoon of olive oil to coat and then put the veggies around the pork in a single layer.  Cook in a 425 degree oven for about half an hour and then let the pork rest for about 10 mins before you slice and serve.

I'm still battling my cold so making chicken and lime soup tonight.  Poach or bake chicken breasts according to your favorite method (I like to do a quick 15 min brine and then bake in high oven coated with some ghee).  Slice and saute an onion with lots of celery and carrots.  Add in chicken stock to your preference.  I like mine more stew than soup.  Then put in the chicken breasts (usually two) that you've shredded with a fork.  Cook until vegetables are soft.  Add in juice of one lime and a bunch of chopped cilantro.  Top with avocado and inhale.

Tomorrow we will have salmon with tomatoes.  Take skin of 2-3 large beefsteak tomatoes by immersing in hot water.  Chop up.  Place two salmon filets in baking dish and surround with tomatoes.  Pour over a tablespoon of coconut aminos and grind some black pepper over.  Place in 400 degree oven for about 15-18 minutes (depending on thickness of salmon).  Remove salmon from dish and then add about a tablespoon of chopped tarragon and a teaspoon or more of compliant mustard (smooth is better than dijon).  Mix up and serve tomato sauce atop salmon.

On Monday it's my super easy chop and drop sausage and veggies -- chicken sausage, sweet potatoes, any veggies you like, peppers, italian seasoning and a tablespoon or more of oil.  Pop onto a baking sheet and roast in 400 degree oven for 30-40 minutes.  Top with a poached egg for extra credit!  Dinner done!

The rest of the week I have to go to events pretty much so hoping the above gives me a solid foundation to kick off the week.  Hope you're all having a good weekend.

Well I’m at day 7! One week and feeling great. I’m ready to bust through these next few days with confidence and strength. I’m so over restarting my reset. Last night was a good night. I drove home from work upset about a few things and was having “I just need to eat something comforting RIGHT NOW” thoughts. Planned in my head what I wanted, but then got home and said, “No. this will not help change your habits. Make dinner and be patient.” I popped some baked potatoes in the oven, made pumpkin chili, and let the urges go while sipping on some lavender tea. I may have still had more for dinner than I needed, but I didn’t binge and was mindful. My new routine instead of munching when I get home will be to have tea. I think it’s a good new practice. 

Today I have leftover pumpkin chili, a cabbage wrap with sweet potato chunks, artichoke spin dip and some veggies, and a Mexican scramble for breakfast. 

Hope everyone has a great Sunday! 

• Whole30 Certified Coach

Thanks for the cooking ideas @hmg1993!  Hope you feel better - seems like you've had this cold for a while now!

@Dragonslayer Seems like you are on a roll!  Good for you!  And if a sweet potato a day keeps binges away - then a sweet potato a day it is :) Have you ever made your own ghee?  When I make mine it is almost caramel like and sooooo good on roasted sweet potatoes :) Kabocha squash is also really good with ghee - WF sometimes sells them.

As for me... well after 2 weeks of daily urges and just not giving in... I gave in.  I swear it was like I binged just to have that motivated feeling that comes after it... I never want to do a W30 and eat clean  like I do after a binge and I just *wanted* to want to eat clean and I was not there with my urges every day... This is a new feeling for me though - it was very thought out, I didn't fall face first into food, I decided to binge.  But then that transitioned to "well I've eaten a bunch - might as well keep going" (I skipped breakfast and got hungry and ate sunflower butter with raisins before an appointment.   After the appointment really didn't even want to keep binge eating but then the the real irrational "keep going" really kicked in - partly due to disappointing news at the appointment).  Anyway, feeling kind of different about the whole thing.  I can't quite put my finger on it.  

But on the bright side - feeling super excited to eat well for a while :)  @hmg1993 I've been making a dumpling-free chicken and dumpling recipe lately that starts out like your chicken and lime stew - I think I may split the batch and add some lime and cilantro to some of it.  TJ sells a pack of chicken with 2 bone in breasts and 4 drumsticks - I take off the skin and add them to a pot with sautéed onions, celery and carrots with a tbsp or 2 of poultry seasoning and cover with water and let it simmer all day.  Then I take out the chicken, puree the veggies and stock and then add new carrots and celery until they soften a little - makes a great little chicken stew.  I guess I should leave out the poultry seasoning though if I'm going to try lime in there :) 

@littleg I have had those same thought out feelings about binges a lot in the past few months. Like it’s getting more mindful in a way and I’m actually recognizing that I’m making the choice and not feeling like I can’t control my thoughts. I’ve been having urges all day today too. I’ve had all of my planned meals so far and honestly can’t tell if I’m full, hungry, or just having cravings. (Pretty sure it’s cravings) I came on here to get a little more clear headed for a minute and just saw your post. For some reason your reasoning about wanting to have that urge to eat Healthy made me realize I don’t want to NOT have that feeling for the rest of the day. So thanks! It helped me! Sounds like you had a more mindful binge which in my opinion is the next step in recovery. Seems like you just wanted to eat those foods which is totally fine, and now you are choosing to eat Whole30 again tomorrow. There’s nothing bad about all that if it was your choice. That’s the goal I think, learning to have control over our choices, regardless of what they are. And 2 weeks is a long time to be so disciplined! I’m sure your brain just wanted to take a break for a bit. 

I also love your potato quote. Totally true! Although now I’m kinda over sweet potatoes and moving on to Russet haha. So good baked with ghee, nutritional yeast (tastes like Cheese!) salt, and garlic. I think I’m always wanting the potato at night bc I’m not eating enough carbs throughout the day for my activity level now. I also feel like I’ve been eating possibly too much protein and fat to compensate, bc I’m getting headaches, some digestive issues, constipation (sorry TMI!) and other weird side effects after I eat a lot of meat or fat. Anyone else ever feel this problem? I think I’m going to incorporate some more carbs in my meals that I was originally going to stay away from bc I think if they are in the meal and not alone, my dragon won’t get crazy and I’ll be giving my body the carbs it’s craving. So I’m thinking plantains, some whole fruit, and more white potatoes with lunch. We will see, but I’m pretty sure I need more of a balance and I’m overloading on the protein and fat. 

@littleg  Your soup sounds delicious.  I agree with both you and @Dragonslayer about being more mindful about the binge.  It's definitely a better state than mindlessly eating, which is what I tend to do.  I hear you on the cold.  I can't shake it although today I have started to feel a little better.  I just wish people didn't hack and cough all over me at the office.  I need a hazmat suit.  Can't believe tomorrow is Day 30 for me.  Plowing on until l can get the training wheels off but starting to feel a little better about myself and my choices.  I really appreciate all the support!

For the record, I don't think i will ever be over sweet potatoes.  I am obsessed with the purple-skinned Japanese ones.

@Dragonslayer Thanks for your support.  I think you hit the nail on the head with my "brain needed a break".  I know in BOB the urge voice is supposed to fade and you aren't supposed to white knuckle it... but in those 2 weeks mine really didn't.  I wasn't white knuckling it per se because instead I kept saying to myself - if you want to you can do it tomorrow and then thinking about all the cookies I'd eat.  But then I'd go to sleep and wake up and the feelings would be gone... until the afternoon/evening when they came back.  So 14 days in a row of that and it was like my upper brain needed a break from the pestering and the only thing that shuts up my lower brain is binge eating.  I haven't mentioned it on here much but I've had a lot of physical problems since the birth of the world's cutest baby (WCB).  I had a really traumatic birth (was on narcotics for pain for close to 8 weeks) and then once the acute trauma ended I prolapsed and have had to deal with the mental trauma of that diagnosis and then when I was finally on a roll for a bit I hurt my shoulder and my back... so I've basically been in pain for 11 months straight now.  And lately it has been hard mentally because I'm getting the "oh my gosh, what if this is my life forever??" sort of panic feelings.  

I've moved on to russets too - but only because I'm eating butter.  I'll have to try it with the nutritional yeast and ghee and probably purple sweet potatoes too.  I would also suggest adding in non-fruit carbs.  No matter what fruit has never been a good move for me.  However, potato, squash, plantain, etc carbs always have been.  When I was into pretty big hikes I'd often just pack baked sweet potatoes - they'd fit in your coat for sure - you could put a nut butter or some ghee on them and eat them like a sandwich!  Also eating fat should help move things through - I guess everyone has different bowels but for me its all about spinach, carrots and fat to keep things moving :) Oh, and coffee.  Speaking of poop - I can smell WCB's diaper from a few feet away so I guess I should go change it!  And here is a pic, because, gosh darn it, he cheers up everyone :) Mastering his down climbing.  11 months old, he has been crawling for months but shows no interest in walking.  I was a little worried until he figured out how to crawl down an entire flight of steps.  Now I'm worried he may be smarter than me!

IMG-0036.JPG

@hmg1993 I mean I lied. I’ll never get sick of sweet potatoes either haha, I ate a whole one last night and loved every bite. BUT purple potatoes are my favorite and I can’t get them in my town! Grrr. It’s always my first thing to stock up on in Denver, although if I get too many they go bad. Can I freeze them you think? Or cook and then freeze? Just thought of that. Could be a game changer! ALSO, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! You made it to 30!! So so proud of you and truly using your strength and success as my motivation to join you in this feeling of completion (one stage 1) in a few weeks! You should be so happy and continue on with pride and confidence. Don’t let today be the “oh I deserve a treat to celebrate” though! Stay strong and finish through your whole plan. 

@littleg definitely wins for WCB! So adorable and I’m obsessed with the shoes. So sorry to here about your struggles since the birth. That sounds so difficult to deal with. Not being physically strong or comfortable makes this whole process so much harder I bet. But don’t think it’s forever. If you stay positive and keep working towards recovery both physically and mentally, it can always happen! It’s just another bump in this road that will help build your upper brains strength and voice in more ways than one, and another area where you can practice developing the voice that’s not good related. I actually have realized my family issues right now are helping me in that way bc I’m working on my stress responses and it’s helping to practice in an area that has nothing to do with food so I can then transfer what I learn and do to my urges. 

I agree about the fruit now. I think I was just craving it for a few days bc I saw someone eating an apple yesterday and I realized it was my dragon just yelling at me. Also since my muscles need glucose to refuel instead of fructose from fruit anyways, I’ll stick to the potatoes, squash, parsnips, possibly plantains (although I lost control a bit last night with those), and maybe try rutabaga (never had before I don’t think). 

Last could have been better but also could have been way worse. I was kind of arguing with my fiancé all afternoon about some personal stuff and it really put me into compulsive eating mode. I honestly thought while I was frustrated and cutting veggies for dinner, “I’m just going to eat a sweet potato before dinner to calm me down and make me feel better.” Obviously afterwards I realized how ridiculous that thought was. A potato is not going to resolve our argument, and I felt the exact same afterwards, and actually worse because it just fueled my urges to continue eating, and it was such a huge potato that it gave me some serious digestive weirdness. I wast that hungry afterwards but didn’t listen to my stomach and just ate a huge dinner plate later on as well. I had probably 2 full plantains fried in coconut oil (kept eating pieces right out of the pan before we sat down), and a large pork chop and green beans. I was so full afterwards and then sat down and told myself to calm down. We talked everything out and I didn’t continue to eat after dinner, but I shouldn’t have used the plantains and potato as my comfort. I ended up buying the one Geneen Roth book I haven’t read yet called “When Food Is Love” on my kindle. It was so relevant to my emotional eating and just the first few chapters made me realize I need to continue exploring the reasons for my compulsive behavior on a more emotional level. 

Tonight is our work x mas party. They switched the venue and now it’s at a place where there will be finger foods and appetizers but no sit down dinner. Based on the description I’m assuming there won’t be too many (if any) options for me. Can’t decide if I should just eat something before I go or wait it out and see what they have. I guess I’ll see how hungry I am after work. Anyways, sorry for the long post and hope everyone has a good start to this week! 

@Dragonslayer  Thank you so much on reaching 30 and it's like you have a nanny cam in my house as after an incredibly stressful day I found myself slumped over the macadamia nut jar shoveling them into my mouth.  And then I stopped ahead of a healthy dinner plan and having Day 30 truly in the bag.  Rolling on.  I don't think you can freeze potatoes although as I write I wonder how they do it for those pre cut fries?  Happy to send you a care package of them.  There's an abundant crop here.  Hope your holiday party goes well.  I would have a snack beforehand and a bigger meal after because i find myself stronger if I have a treat to look forward to.

@littleg  Your photo made my day.  He's so cute!!

Saw dr. today about never ending cold.  Not strep but he gave me a z-pack to take in the event it's bacterial.  It's funny but I am kind of loathe to take a strong antibiotic when there's at least a 50% chance this is a virus.  I may soldier on for a couple more days.

@hmg1993 Are you improving at all?  My husband got sick about a month ago and the worst of it last 7-10 days but he is still sniffly, as is the little one (who he caught it from)... it is like the never ending cold.  I hate docs giving antibiotics "in case" it is bacterial... I don't understand why they can't just do a culture and see if its bacterial... you only have to wait 24-48 hrs to find out.  Probably because the drug lobbyists are more powerful than the lab lobbyists, but I digress.  Anyway, I hope you feel better soon!  If you do take the antibiotics, make sure you up your fermented foods :)

And yeah on day 30 - even with a few less-than-mindful macadamia nuts!  Are you just going to keep going for a bit?  

Also, made your lime/cilantro stew last night (did mine as I usually do without poultry seasoning and added lime and cilantro at the end).  Thumbs up from all three of us!  

@Dragonslayer Hope the party went ok last night!  As to potatoes, I was curious too.  Found this.  https://www.newlifeonahomestead.com/freeze-potatoes/  

So I have a question for you ladies... I have been seeing a physical therapist for years.  On and off, he is great, usually he can fix whatever has flared up (he does manual physical therapy).  Anyway, the last time I had an appointment he was downright rude to me.  Clearly he was frustrated by something - me and my never ending pain or a hangnail, who knows... but he very much made me feel bad for being there.  What would you do going forward?  Would you mention it (I'm wondering if he is frustrated by the fact that I don't get better - I could see him being the type of person who is not good with "failure") or totally just let it go?  I am leaning towards just asking him if he would like me to find a new PT.  Gosh, this is worse than a breakup.  

7:30 poopy diaper right on schedule.  Gosh I miss pure breastmilk poops - they just smelled like yogurt.  This real food poop is getting stinky!  Oh, and @Dragonslayer apples being a cleansing food must be genetic... they go through Robby untouched in <12 hours!  

@hmg1993bummer about the antibiotics, I agree with @littleg. Hope you get better soon though!! And amazing you got to 30 days feeling so poopy. Good on you. 

@littleg I worked in a daycare for 5 years and totally feel your pain with the smells and types of poop. I always loved working with the younger newborns for that reason! Unfortunately, I can’t lie and tell you it gets better. Toddler poop is pretty unreal sometimes haha. Very strange about your PT. I don’t know your relationship, but maybe it could be since you have been going so long without great results he feels like he’s not doing his job well enough or feeling rewarded by his patients? I honestly have no idea, but I think asking if you should see someone else might sound pretty offensive to him, so maybe just try another one one time and see how it goes before you end your meetings with him?  He could have just been having a bad day or had personal stuff going on too so maybe wait until next time and see if it changes. Not sure. That’s a tough one. 

As for me, the broken record plays on and on... I cracked last night. Day 8. Shocker. Just kidding. <_< I had a potato with ghee and nutritional yeast before I left. The party ended up being finger foods and a sit down dinner with salad, entree, and dessert (no options to pick from, just one meal for everyone). And I ended up sitting right across from my director and supervisors who all paid for the party. I love them but it was intimidating and I felt major pressure to eat the food bc of it. I found a great friend who I haven’t seen in a while and stupidly decided to let loose with her and start drinking wine before we sat down. That was my downfall. A plate of some kind of fancy fried chicken, creamy mashed potatoes, and some other sides later, I was all in. Then came dessert. Multiple trays of brownies, snickerdoodles (my favorite!!), and chocolate chip cookies placed at all the tables for people to eat after dinner during the drinking and mingling. A binge eaters recipe for disaster haha. No portions on plates, no one watching me eat, i made my way all around the room chatting and eating at every table. Approximately 6 brownies, 10 cookies, and too much wine later, here I find myself back at day 1. The only reason I’m not upset is bc I know I would have stayed in control had I not had the wine. Alcohol is evil! Haha. My fiancé was there last night but also drank too much and although I told him my behavior when we got home, I spent the whole night making sure I only ate when he wasn’t looking. I should have used him as a resource to help but obviously I wasn’t in that mindset. He was upset that I hid it from him and we talked it out and he made a good point that he thinks I’m making huge progress at home and Work, but that my social anxiety and these events are where I’m overwhelmed and seem to struggle so I should just give myself some grace and know it’s an area I need to work on. 

Anyways, I’m erasing my first few days of notes in my Whole30 day to day book and starting at true day 1 with it today. I have a sheet pan in the oven right now and hard boiled eggs for later if and when I get hungry. I swear I’m going to break out of this weekly cycle soon. Not giving up! And for the record, the snickerdoodles weren’t even worth it. My mom makes way better :P

have a great day ladies. 

Alcohol always makes it so hard.  I was thinking of you last night hoping your urges would stay low.  Sorry they didn't.  When there is pressure to eat in front of others (like a sit down dinner) it makes it so hard.  I wish there were more things people did to "gather" besides eat!  

I find alcohol can either help me socially (not W30 obviously) - at least I'm drinking like everyone else (for some reason this makes people happy...) and I just blend in better.  When the urges are low this works great, I get a nice little buzz on an empty stomach and don't go too far (2 glasses usually).  But once I tip into more then buzzed... it doesn't work.  

@littleg same for me. Usually just 1 Glass actually helps me and I don’t lose control. But went a little overboard last night. I’m actually going to start my day 1 tomorrow bc I have a friend at work who decided she wants to try it with me! I’m so excited bc at least I’ll have someone to relate to and talk about it with. And help keep me accountable. Today was rough. Hungover, craving all the foods, hard day at work, and I’m so tired. Going to the store to stock up on my Whole30 groceries after work and heading straight to bed. 

@littleg  I think you should definitely say something to your physical therapist.  If he was having a bad day he will likely own it but if he's oblivious or in denial then i would definitely break up as you're supposed to feel better after seeing him ... not worse!  So glad you liked the recipe.  My husband is channeling  his hero Ron Swanson tonight and making steaks, eggs and bacon for dinner.  I am afraid to ask what the vegetable is as I suspect the answer is sausage.  Oh well!

@Dragonslayer  Parties are sooooooooooo tough and great idea to restart with  buddy.  You're amazing and you've so got this.

I am going on for probably another 30 days.  Funnily enough the only thing I miss is having a drink and i don't really drink that much other than the occasional glass of wine.  But it's my birthday soon and a chilled glass of wine would taste so good.  Will contemplate!

Thanks for the feedback on the antibiotics.  I didn't take them and am feeling a little better today.  

Well, I talked to PT.  He thought I was super frustrated by him (vs my body) and in a sort of typical male way, instead of being coddling and understanding, he was just like "yeah, that sucks", which I, in a very female way, interpreted as "he hates me".  So we are all good :) 

@hmg1993 Your dinner reminds me of a conversation with my husband that left me in tears last night...

me: what are you doing for dinner tonight?

him: leftover chicken stew

me: do you want something on the side?

him: [points to beef stew tupperware on the counter that I brought home from my in laws] - beef stew?

@dragonslayer - <-- why does this stop working sometimes?  So cool to have a buddy!  

Haha, my fiancé often also has meat with a side of meat. And since I’ve been doing Whole30, sometimes it doesn’t seem so crazy to me now! Sausage with a side of bacon?! Uh yeah sounds great! 

So my “buddy” just texted me this morning before we got to work saying “uhh this is way too hard. I had a bagel with cream cheese for breakfast. Not sure I’ll be able to do it.” I was nice about it but am so sad she didn’t even give it a try for one meal! Maybe she will try again for tomorrow but I have a feeling that won’t happen. Oh well. At least I still have you guys! 

Its finally my Friday after a 10 day stretch. I’m soooo excited. Have my meals planned for today and then doing some hard core meal prep tomorrow for the coming week. My parents get to town next Wednesday which will be so nice to see my mom, so only good things to look forward to from now on! 

It is hard.  Sometimes people don't realize how time consuming and inconvenient it can be to have to actually eat food vs processed food.  But we'll be here and @hmg1993 will remind us that you can do it for 30 days!  Or more :) Since my bad day last week I've sort of been in the mood to try it for 30 days again.  Had half and half in my coffee yesterday so there went yesterday.  And had rice cakes with butter for dinner.  But today has been good!  Maybe today will be day 1.  

I still need to find a way to eat breakfast though...  that happened at 12 today.  Ugh.  Maybe tomorrow I'll try some HB eggs with mayo and coffee with collagen and coconut milk right when I get up.  No veggies but at least I could still do a little workout at 9 and not feel like barfing.

Yes! Make today day 1 with me! I need a new accountabilibuddy! :D only if you really want to though. Seems like you have been doing really well with what you had going, so do what you think works best! 

Good day for me. My 10 day stretch officially hit me around lunch. I’m so tired and ready for my weekend, but I’ve had no cravings and had just my planned meals so far. Probably will have a light dinner, not too hungry after a few days of bingeing/indulging. 

Oh and my new favorite quick lunch for work or fast dinner- sheet pan of broccoli, red onions, and diced sweet potatoes baked until desired crispiness. Add It all to a pan with some zoodles. Pan fry for a few minutes and add quick Asian sauce: 1/4 cup coconut cream, tablespoon of coconut aminos, desired amount of salt, pepper, garlic powder, and ginger. 

Archived