Binge eating and re-starting Whole30

5280sarah

Hey friends. Sorry I haven’t been posting much. Lots going on here and just trying to get back into a routine. @hmg1993 how’s the food freedom coming?! Hope you are still doing well! And @littleg I want house updates! After transitioning from food network to hgtv, house shows are my new fav! Hope the unpacking is nearing the end and the little man is liking the new space! 

Ive been battling some kind of sickness all week that really sucks. I’m hoping I’m on the up and up now and that it’s starting to go away, but it’s hard to tell. Ate everything possible yesterday that claims it’s detoxing, antioxidant healing, etc to try and boost my immune system, and it at least worked mentally! Made a beet soup last night that actually ended up being delicious. I’m trying to force myself to like beets lately, it’s not been working but this soup I can definitely do! Recipe below. 

1 peeled and diced beet, 1/2 onion, 1 peeled and diced parsnip, 1 “pile” (maybe a cup or 2) green beans, 1 leek sliced, and 1 “pile” (maybe 1 cup) of asparagus cut into bite size pieces. Sautee it all in 1 tbsp coconut oil with salt and pepper. Add in 3 (or desired amount) cloves chopped garlic, then I didn’t measure but desired amount of ginger, thyme, basil, celery seed, anise, and a tbsp of chili garlic paste. After a few minutes, add 1 can coconut milk and 1 carton of vegetable broth. Bring to boil, reduce and let simmer for 30 minutes. Top with pumpkin seeds. I also topped with some pickled ginger and parsley. Sounds like a weird recipe and it definitely looks weird (very pink!), but tastes pretty good! 

Off to a busy day at work now. Presidents’ Day weekend is always nuts at ski resorts, but staying busy is good for me! Enjoy the weekend everyone! 

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Whole30 Certified Coach

@Dragonslayer Glad to hear you are settling back into life  a bit.  Hope you feel better soon - that soup sounds like its got to make you feel better!  Have you tried roasting beets?  Its the only way I really like them.  http://marinmamacooks.com/2016/04/roasted-whole-beets-without-foil/

House is good!  Little guy seems unphased :) But I think when he is bigger he'll like it much more!  I'm enjoying it more than I thought too - I was really afraid of leaving the city and its walk-ability but I've just been putting little man in his carrier and walking the rural roads (vs the stroller in the city) - I was afraid of the back pain with the carrier but (knock on wood) my pain has been *much* better lately so it has been going fine!  We do 2 miles each morning :) And I'm splitting wood and carrying wood into the house, walking the 1/4 round trip driveway, lots of shoveling... definitely moving more here than in the city!  And the huge garage with the gym in it means I can work out while he sleeps and make noise!  I've been doing some Bret Contreras stuff - check out his blog if you haven't heard of him!

@hmg1993 Hope things are going ok!

Hi everyone.  Great to hear your updates.  @Dragonslayer, your soup sounds just what the doctor ordered.  @littleg  Congrats on the move and new house.  You're the second person who has highlighted Bret Contreras so I definitely need to check him out.  I really want to start lifting heavier weights.

Food freedom is interesting.  I've toggled between too much discipline and then extreme stick my head in the fridge.  The answer lies in the middle and that is what I am working on.  One day at a time.  My middle zone means mostly W30 with a little dairy.  Weirdly I have no desire to add back legumes or bread.  What I need to work on is that the answer to my disordered eating is with me and I have the tools to change it.  So far I feel like I am making slow but sure progress.

A lot of snow here today but then in the 60s next week.  Looking forward to some warmer temperatures!  In anticipation of warmer weather we made the best chicken skewers last night adapted from Mel Joulwan's shashlik recipe.  It's W30 compliant and I have tons of left overs for lunches.  Here's what I did

Cut about 3lb skinless boneless chicken breast into chunks.  Put in a bowl and add in half a cup of plain soda water or seltzer, juice of a lime, 2 bay leaves, tablespoon of smoked paprika, teaspoon each of cumin, coriander and salt.  Then add in a bunch of fresh tarragon.  Stir and cover in fridge for minimum of 2 hours.  Thread onto skewers and grill.  

Have a  great rest of weekend!

Hi everyone.  Checking in to see how you all are?  I am chugging along.  Binging under control and making healthy choices but it truly is the proverbial one day at a time.  I keep having to mutter "Rome wasn't built in a day" to myself and try to suppress the mean girl thoughts that invariably come up.  I cannot escape the fact that I have gained weight over the past year or so from the on/off yoyo fest.  And it doesn't make me happy.  But unlike my usual trick of  restricting calories and beating myself up I am trying to eat intuitively, watch portions (i.e. just because sweet potatoes are healthy doesn't mean that 4 cups are a good side dish!) and exercise.  The rest should solve itself and will stay off if I do it slowly.  

Off to grocery shop for the week shortly and then to tackle all the weekend chores.  Have you been watching the Olympics?  Loved to see the skiing even if I can't do it!  

Hi! Checking in as well. It’s day 10 for me after deciding once again to go back to strict and try again. I’m doing better than before, but I have already had 3 times of going way too bingey with the nuts. I have a bunch in my house and I don’t want to throw them away but I know they are a no brakes food that I should have never bought. Unfortunately I’m a sucker for any kind of deal and they were huge organic bags on sale, so there are sooo many left! I’m considering putting them up on the top shelf behind everything where I have to use a step stool to access tonight haha. Maybe that will help! Anyways, my mental state is slowly improving and I’m feeling more like my old self more and more each day. I’m focusing on reading some old books that originally inspired me and I bought this great mindfulness journal on amazon that breaks down each month week and day with questions, goals, emotions, intentions, etc. kind of like a guided diary but very helpful in making myself more aware of everything I’m feeling and working towards and focusing on the positive improvements. 

All I have wanted to eat the last few days is nuts, sausage, peppers, and tomatoes, so that’s basically been in most meals. But I’m suffering major digestive backlash from the nut binges so my goal this week is to only eat them with lunch and not allow myself any after work for snacking. I think I’m over my sweet potato after work binge phase, but I seemed to have just replaced it with nuts so now I gotta work on that. I renewed my gym membership the other day and decided that I will try and go a few times after work just for a short easy workout to try and get my head in the right place before I go home. I always eat well after a workout so maybe that will help curb my after work cravings. 

Anyways, all things considered, I’m on the up and up. Weight is a huge concern for me right now which strangely has led to my binges I believe because of the stress of it. I’m the heaviest I’ve been in over 5 years, but I’m just reminding myself to trust the process, trust myself, continue making progress, and it will all even out eventually. 

Well im off to work and have delicious grass fed chuck roast and some roasted veggies for leftovers. Hard boiled eggs and a sausage tomato and pepper salad too. No nuts today. I can’t even look at the bag right now :wacko:

@hmg1993 sounds like you are doing really well! Keep up the hard work and continue with that food freedom. It will never feel perfect I’m sure, but seems like you have made huge progress! Be proud! 

oh! And @littleg was it you that always uses mct oil? My aunt doing Whole30 got me hooked when I was home. She does bulletproof coffee and although I haven’t gone Totally bulletproof yet, I do a tablespoon of the oil in my coffee every morning now and love it! Way less acidic and good brain fuel! 

@Dragonslayer  I didn't think it was possible but the nut thing will pass.  I could eat my bodyweight in cashews and they were totally my go to snack by the handful.  And then I couldn't look at them anymore.  Sounds like you're on a great roll I love the journal idea.  Next stop Amazon.

I made the best dinner tonight with red cabbage, shredded brussels sprouts, balsamic, mustard and onion.  Here's the link to the recipe.  Incredible!

http://grazedandenthused.com/balsamic-chicken-veggie-bowl-paleo-aip-whole30/

Hi guys!  Glad to see some posts :) Sounds like we are all just sort of humming along - doing our best.  I've been legit-binge free since Christmas.  I've had a few days of way too much dried fruit - but no drive from store to store type events in 2 months now.  I've been feeling more urge-y lately though in the evenings - not sure why.  I'm eating lots of clementines but that is way better than what I could be eating after dinner!  

That recipe looks good @hmg1993 - we'll have to try it!

@Dragonslayer Yes, we use MCT oil.  I use it for mayo because it is totally neutral tasting.  No BPC for me.  I've been into Nutpods lately for my coffee!  Vitacost has the best price around that I've found - cheaper than Thrive even.  I think I have 4 jars in the pantry right now... :ph34r:

Lemon zest on roasted broccoli.  It may change your life.  If you are doing cheese, some really good grated parmesan might just make you never eat anything again.  I wish I hadn't waited... um, well, a few more than 30 years to eat this ;)

Tried the broccoli @littleg! Sooo good:P I’ll be doing that again for sure. 

Question for you all. So I’m doing better, I’ll be on day 18 Whole30 tomorrow which is a huge improvement after months of bingeing on all the sugar and gluten every 4 to 7 days basically. BUT, now I literally can’t stop bingeing on nuts, fruit, and potatoes every few days. I know it’s better and I need to focus on baby steps, but this is almost becoming a habit now and I need to figure out a way to stop. I’ve tried a lot of things and I just get these overwhelming urges to eat, no matter what the food is. It’s like I’ve turned it into overeating just to relieve the stress of not being able to binge on sugar, but it’s no better for me to be bingeing on Whole30 foods, because I need to be working on the actual eating habits. Just wondering if you guys have any advice about small steps I could take to help this. I’m kind of at a loss right now. And I’m still happy with my progress of avoiding the bad junk foods and I feel mentally a lot better, but need to tackle this issue now. Any thoughts much appreciated. Thanks! 

@Dragonslayer  Congrats on day 18!!!  That's amazing.  I completely emphasize on the nut front and that was definitely my pattern.  It's by no means a magic bullet but what I started to do was measure out what a real serving size looked like -- i.e. 15 almonds.  Just being conscious of the fact that I was eating maybe 10 serving sizes in one go started to dull the urge.  I also made sure I had crunchy snacks like carrot sticks and cucumber handy.  Lastly, on the nuts, I also made serving sizes of the higher fat nuts that were more filling like walnuts or macadamia.    Hope this helps and you're doing great!!!!

Thanks @hmg1993! I have been portioning out sort of (pouring in a small cup what would be probably 2 servings) for the past week actually and I do see where it helps. But I still go back like 4 more times for more! I know the answer here is that I should probably eliminate these foods since they are my “no brakes”, I’m just nervous to not have any thing to turn to when I have these urges. I also need some kind of carb for my activity level, but I guess there are definitely other options, squash, parsnips, etc. Maybe I just need to accept the hard truth that those foods have to go from my home. :unsure: I managed to finish the last bag of nuts last night, as well as the last potato and there’s only 1 banana left, so maybe this is my “sign”? 

@Dragonslayer Yeah, I'd tend to think they need to go.  My nemesis is dried fruit - and I just can't keep it around.  If I'm not in full blown binge mode and think I can have just a handful... I really can't.  So, no dried fruit.  Alcoholics rarely do well with just one drink and I think for us, some of these foods really fall into the same category.  

Are you eating enough in general?  I know my binges get worse when I undereat.  My urges also decrease the most when I eat a big breakfast.  The safety net of "oh, I haven't eaten much today" goes away.  Are you eating enough early in the day?  Even if you think you are could you try eating a little more in the morning and see if that helps?  

My last thought would be to get back into that pattern work you were doing early on.  With all the stress for you the last few months I am sure that the [stress-->eat] neuronal pathway in your brain has been on ALL.THE.TIME.  Understandably.  It may be time to remind your brain it has other options for feeling good and the first way to do that is to consciously not give into the urge.  Maybe do 30 burpees before you decide to eat nuts, potatoes or fruit when it isn't part of a meal ;) 

Have you guys looked at the other thread on here about struggling post W30 - @ladyshanny had some good ideas in there about "rules" for FFF...  Since finishing our W30 a month ago I've stuck with W30 food choices 99% of the time but I'm definitely slipping back into old habits... first meal of the day at 11,12, 1 o'clock, back and forth to the fridge after dinner for fruit, eating crappy cheese at my in-laws just because it is there - stupid shit.  So, reading over that other thread I think that having some "rules" going forward are a good idea.  I don't know why it seems different to me this time - I think because in the past I always thought the idea of a WholeLittleg was what foods were compliant - much like the real W30, instead of looking more at their recommendations for the W30 as the things I needed to be rules.  I already know my food sensitivities and there really aren't any food groups (besides nuts) that I really need to be careful of.  But what makes me *feel* better are sticking to the recommendations - early breakfast and not munching after  dinner.  So, I'm going to give that a try for a bit.  A WLittleg that has two rules - eat meal 1 early, don't eat before (this means specifically don't eat a bag of baby carrots...) or after dinner, kitchen is closed after dinner.  We are changing around baby's bedtime with the time change.  Currently he goes to sleep before we eat dinner.  We are going to start eating with him and then putting him down after dinner.  I'm really hoping that getting up from the table and being distracted will help a bit with the post dinner munching.  Last night we ended up doing this and it was easy - but it is always easy the first time you try it :) Dinner was *not* relaxing though - I'll say that much :lol: Which maybe is good - it takes a little of the "reward for making it through the day" out of dinner.  I also ate breakfast at 6:45 AM this morning - about 4 hours earlier than normal!  Plan is to eat lunch around 12 and then dinner with the little guy around 5:30.  So shifting everything up a bit.  I may spend a ton of money on kombucha as a crutch for this transition but if it works it will be worth it!  Anyway, those are my ramblings for this morning.  

@hmg1993 I assume you are shoveling out as well this morning...?  I think the snow depth is higher than the little guy at this point!

@Dragonslayer What have you decided on the nuts, taters and fruit?  

@littleg thanks for the advice/update. I’m gonna check out that other thread after this! And those rules are very similar to mine I’m trying to follow through this Whole30 and beyond as well. Most importantly is the no munching before or after dinner. That is currently my only (but major) issue. It’s day 20 for me! Truly amazing and I’m so happy about it... BUT since yesterday morning I have had the most intense headache and can’t figure out why. I did have quite a few binges over the past week so I’m wondering if my body is just still overloaded and now kind of detoxing back to normal. Could be way too much intake of fat over the days as well. All the nuts, coconut, etc. I know having too much fat has caused headaches before for me, so that’s a possibility. But could also be because one of my binges the other day was very sugary. For the first time in a long time I caved and had a bunch of dried fruit, an rx bar, and potatoes and other fruits, so maybe I’m recovering from the sugar rush as well. Either way, it sucks, and I’m being very careful about what I consume for a few days to try and get back to feeling good. 

But as for the fruit nuts and potatoes in the house, I’ve done great not having nuts. That’s key I have learned. Fruit and potatoes is hard though because my fiancé eats those a lot so he’s not really ok with not having them around. So I’ll try and just do my best, but just not having nuts has seemed to make a huge difference for the past few days so I will make sure to keep those away! 

I have baby steps planned for my next stages of Whole30. I plan to do it until I feel in control and ready to make some reintroductions. Which could take a while, but I’m ok with that. Mostly though I’m working on eating 4 meals with no snacking before or after (goes well for everything except dinner usually), and then not turning to fruit nuts or potatoes when I get bingey. All in all, I think I’m making slow improvements and my mental strength and stability is increasing which is good. 

@littleg  Done with snow!  Finally dug out only to await tomorrow's deluge!  I like your rules and will look at the thread.  I am still struggling to define mine but definitely making baby steps in the right direction.  I am binging far less if at all.  Overeating from time to time, yes ... but not the full blown empty the fridge moments.  

@Dragonslayer  Congratulations on all that you have achieved.  You're so close to Day 30 you can touch it!!  Keep those nuts at bay

Good morning! Just a quick check in. I have less than a week left until 30 days! Truly amazing for me. Despite the compliant binges, I am so proud of myself. This morning i have a real sense of gratitude and feeling of hope for my future. My plan is to finish out this week making small changes to plan for the next 30. I want to now work on getting rid of these compliant binges, and i know the key will be to eliminate the problem foods... fruit, nuts, potatoes. I haven’t done it yet bc it seems so hard and sad (mostly my favorite foods right now!), but for my next 30, they will be gone. I will focus on a practice of 4 meals a day, no snacks (unless it’s a much needed exercise induced starving moment from skiing or something) and most importantly, no snacking before or after dinner, the ultimate challenge. I feel good about this next step. It will be my hardest challenge yet, basically trying to do a “true” Whole30, but with even more restrictions. I’m considering adding in occasional beans or rice if I really feel the need for more carbs, but I am leaning towards not doing that. We will see. Maybe just let myself have them when eating out, but honestly I don’t ever crave them at all. 

I’m excited and looking forward to continuing down this Whole30 road for a while, until I feel more mentally in control and truly have the Tiger blood, cause I’m definitely not there yet. 

Hope you guys are still doing well! 

@Dragonslayer  Your plans and outlook sound so positive and are much needed inspiration for me as I try to claw myself back into a better zone.  The past few weeks have been tough but I know that I own the solutions and have the tools to make it happen.  I just need to get a grip.  I love your goals.  It's odd, what I have found is that the more I practice W30 tenets the less I want the things that I think are core.  Like for years I was adamant that I could not have tea without milk (I'm British too, so it's a cultural thing as well!!).  Now I actively dislike milk in my tea.  All I need now is to develop the same aversions to chocolate and I am winning :)

@Dragonslayer -- thanks for the mention of the "Broken Brain" documentary.

Wanted to let you all know that it is available on youtube and I'm watching it here:

https://brokenbrain.com/01-epidemic/

I'm not far into it, but I see one of the first speakers is Dr. Datis Kharrazian, who wrote Why Isn't My Brain Working? -- a book that I've had for a few years.  It's beefy, and I don't think I ever finished it, and I haven't pulled it off the shelf for awhile.  But lots of good stuff in there.  I look forward to hearing what all they have to say.

Have a great day! :)

Hi guys! So I have 2 days left of my first Whole30, but I’ll actually be starting my next phase today because it’s exactly 100 days until my wedding (ahh!) and I just feel like it’s a good milestone to start at. (But I’ll still be finishing my first one so it’s all the same really. ) This next stage is what I am calling my “30 for 30.” I have written out 30 foods I plan on eating which are basically all Whole30 foods with the addition of beans and wine. Beans because sometimes when I eat out it’s easier to have an option like that, and also because I’m eliminating potatoes and want to have another good carb/fiber choice. Beans have never been a “no brakes” food for me, so I will introduce them occasionally when I feel like it. Wine I want to add because I want to practice having it once in a while and learn to stay controlled with it in social situations. Other than those 2 things, all other foods are basically Whole30 without fruit, nuts, or potatoes. Like none. Not even berries. This will be my hardest thing to get used to, but as usual, I’m thinking it’s easier to eliminate all together than try to eat them in moderation. So hopefully after the initial first week of misery, it will get easier. In addition to the 30 foods, I have daily “30” goals. 

1. 30 push-ups per day

2. 30 second handstand 

3. 30 ab reps of any kind

4. 30 minutes of either reading, yoga, meditation, or combination of them all. 

5. I’ve also broken down my “ideal” typical day into 30 activities/intentions/basic daily tasks. I will practice trying to do all 30 each day in order to work on developing my new habits. I’m not going to be crazy about making sure to get all 30 every day, but it’s a helpful guideline and reminder about my intentions each day. The list includes things like  “coffee with MCT oil to start the day” and also more abstract ones like “do something today you will be proud of tomorrow.” 

Im feeling really ready for this next phase and I think the first whole30 was just crucial to get my mind more focused and ready for this next challenge. Even though I had many “compliant” binges, I feel detoxed, focused, and like a new and stronger person now. My wedding dress is currently 2 sizes too small, so that is obviously another huge incentive and focus I have, but I know if I just trust the process, focus, and keep building on my progress, I will come back to my natural weight, so I’m trying not to stress about that aspect. 

Anyways, just wanted to share my update. @hmg1993 it sounds like you are still doing well and staying strong and focused. Keep it up! And also I want to share a strange but delicious concoction I just made for breakfast. No eggs so I had to get creative. 

Sauteed ground beef with 2 chopped up bacon slices, and diced cabbage, onions, mushrooms, and garlic, then added 1-2 tablespoons of The New Primal brand cooking and marinade sauce (so good!). Stirred in a tablespoon of mayo with a little salt and pepper. That’s all! Weird and ugly, but delicious! 

Hope you have a good day. I’m off to do errands and clean all day! 

@Dragonslayer Go you!  So happy to read such an upbeat post!  Sounds like you've got a great plan for the next 100 days!  And you are going to have some kick ass triceps to boot :)  I hope you send us some wedding pictures in a few months!

@hmg1993 I totally agree about the things it turns out we don't "need"... I used to eat chocolate every.single.night (it was actually what prompted me to do a W30 a few years ago - doing "paleo" I was eating an 85% Lindt bar every night after dinner... not good).  But I thought I couldn't live without it.  I can't tell you the last time I had chocolate at night.  I posted on here a while ago about eating it again and that lasted a week or so - turns out I don't really enjoy eating on a daily basis.  

Things here are ok.  Humming along.  Fruit munchies after dinner need a little reigning in from time to time but besides that all is good!  Time change has finally gotten dinner time to have a distinct end because little guy has his bath and then nurses because he goes to bed at 7 instead of 6 and it is really helping!  Just by getting away from the darn kitchen I can shut off the "must keep eating" feelings.  Interestingly, now I can even come back down after his bath and stuff and sit at the dining room table and have my cup of magnesium and not feel compelled to shove more food in my pie hole.  Crazy.

@littleg sounds like you are in a great place right now! And @hmg1993 I also agree about the things we think we “need.” I too used to eat 85% Lindt every night @littleg! I thought I couldn’t live without some kind of treat like that, as well as apples. They were a “must have” every single morning. Now here I am eliminating fruit all together and I can’t rememher the last time I had a Lindt bar. I think it’s mentally a good thing to learn and realize you don’t “need” anything really. It’s helping me going through this process knowing i can get all the nutrients I truly need through very few foods really. At the moment I do feel the “need” for meat and vegetables, but I think that’s because it’s basically all I’m eating! 

It’s day 3 of my “30for30” challenge. Feeling good. Had some tough cravings last night when we went out to eat. I let myself enjoy some buffalo wings which were actually gluten free and baked (in lots of butter I’m sure but it’s all good) and Totally delicious. It helped my urges a lot to feel like I was indulging in something bc I never get wings usually, and having a little butter or oil or whatever they used is a better choice for me right now than giving in to the fruit and potato urges, so I’m happy about my choice. 

Back to work today and feeling ready to continue and conquer this new challenge! 

Good morning! Had a real “heart to heart” with myself (if that’s possible haha) last night and did a lot of journaling and thinking. Yesterday was day 30. I am so happy and proud that I have finally completed my 2nd whole 30, but I realized last night that this is only the very beginning. Cutting out all those bad foods isn’t going to just cure me of my disorder. Sugar is definitely evil and crucial to eliminate in my journey to recovering from binge eating, but the habit is still so engrained in my head and the behaviors have not even close to gone away yet. I don’t drive from place to place gorging on ice cream and cookies and chips anymore, but I’ve just replaced the junk food with healthy food now, and no matter what I allow myself to have, I’m still losing control and letting the habit manifest in anyway it can find. In this next challenge I started (30 for 30), nothing will change from my original plan, but I really realized last night that now that I’m detoxed from sugar and feeling mentally in a much better place, it’s time to really buckle down and focus on the behaviors. The food is basically a habit at this point and doesn’t require much effort at all, so my focus from today on will be to do 4 “template” meals each day, all foods on a plate, sitting down, eating mindfully. My downfall is always snacking between meals and standing in the kitchen eating from the fridge, so I will practice eliminating those behaviors and being very strict about it this time around. I think I got a little ahead of myself when I came up with my 30for30 a few days ago and wanted to start at my 100 days until my wedding mark, but I decided this morning that although I’m on day 5 today successfully, I will restart today just to keep true to my 30 day stretches. Yesterday felt like the true milestone and end of my first phase, so I’ll just call these last 5 days my introduction/warm-up for the real deal. It’s hard accepting the fact that now I have to deal with the real root issues of my problem that aren’t even food related, but it’s also exciting knowing that I am finally making some progress and am moving on to the next phase. 

Congratulations @Dragonslayer on acing the 30!  Your next plan sounds terrific and is a great goal.  You're inspiring me to keep chugging away as my downfall is completely the kitchen graze.  I am trying to nail three meals plus a snack -- but a scheduled healthy one as opposed to sticking my head in the fridge.  And no buying myself nuts because I am hungry.  Nine out of 10 times I am hangry or stressed and stuffing my face is not the answer.  You are absolutely progressing and reminding me that I can do it too.  Thank you so much!

Just checking in :) Things here are ok!  I'm getting a little nervous about Easter... I'm not going to lie - I do love Cadbury Cream Eggs.  Which really means I love 12 eggs all at once chased by a family size bag of the mini crunchy eggs... so we'll see.  I can't do just one like Melissa ;) 

We are hosting a Sunday dinner this week and it is sort of funny to me.  I feel like I have to make all these alterations to the food to get people to eat it.  We always make this coleslaw and I love it.  But I realized I'll have to add a cup of sugar for the rest of the family to actually eat it... And burgers on the grill... well clearly we must have buns around too then.  And no paleo ketchup - gotta go out and buy a bottle of Heinz.  Uy yuy yuy.

Archived