Preparation tips for a first timer?

TinkyBelly

I think that food prep is such a huge key to being successful. Melissa Joulwan's cook book Well Fed has a great plan of attack...http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/wellfed/

Be prepared for not feeling very nice or having much energy in the first 1-2 weeks. Stay strong though after you get through those 2 weeks you will start to feel amazing!

Wishing you much luck!

I would suggest writing out a meal plan so you know what to cook for each meal. This really helps because you know what to shop for and you dont run out of food and deflect back to old habits of making/buying convenience foods.

Check out the thread about top ten lists, and go to the grocery store and stock up on those items suggested.. :)

My tip may not be one you'll hear often. While it's obvious that the Whole30 takes planning (I save Sunday as a cook day and prepare for the entire week)...I think sometimes we get wrapped up in the food a little too much. What do I mean by that? One of the biggest complaints I hear from other folks doing a Whole30 and the biggest objection from those who are thinking about starting involves cost of food and variety. My philosophy is a little different. I try not to think of food as something that I need for emotional health. For me, food is simply the means of fueling my body to do the activities and live the best life I can. For that reason, I don't need exotic meals or a ton of variety or expense. I have a list of go-to foods from all proper categories and listed as the highest nutrient value and I pretty much stick to those. So what if my breakfast is the same every day of the week? That's not to say I don't enjoy something new every now and then, but during my first Whole30 I was forced to confront my love affair with food and it was a little obscene. I feel much more in control now. I hope this makes sense. I just try to pick the good stuff and limit the ingredients as much as possible so I don't get too bogged down with researching exotic paleo/whole30 friendly recipes.

Archived