Starting tomorrow, 9/25!

Brandi27

Well done @TerriK i got through phases of light-headedness too! Maybe try water or a short nap? I've also found that i've been quite nauseous the last few days - my appetite has been completely off but I'm focusing on sticking to three meals and lots of water. Suppose it's just natural as we convert to a different lifestyle.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I usually do is I make a bunch of meals on the weekend, 3-4 soups/crockpot meals, and boil about a dozen eggs. I make a frittata or breakfast casserole that will usually last me all week. My biggest challenge is getting all my veggies in. If I make something I usually double the amount of vegetables needed just so I can make sure I get enough. I will eat mostly Whole 30 during my off time, but have a weakness for gluten full items. I have to admit, today everyone is getting on my last nerve and doing a boogie.

I too started on the 25th.  my week has been okay so far.  it has been hard having to cook and prepare everything all the time but I am dealing.  my hardest thing so far is drinking the plain water.  I love water with mio water enhancer in it and I have gotten so used to it that it is hard to just drink it plain all the time.  I don't really like sparkling water and everyone keeps suggesting that,  but who knows maybe my tastes will change some.  I guess the worst part with it is I do take a handful of pills every morning and night and the other day I gagged.  so now I just about gag thinking of it.  I need flavor with my pills.  blah. :wacko: I did do a swallow of oj this morning with them and that helped a whole lot.  well, as always I will always take suggestions.  Have a happy weekend to all!

@Mishierose76 Great work on the bulk meal prep... but I've a question, do you not find the foods really boring then?! I've been making a meal every few days to store and stock up on and i'm just getting so sick of the same thing. Really finding it hard to be adventurous or find any type of flavor in my food!

@mamakat OMG, I was feeling so nauseous all week and I couldn't figure it out. I thought maybe it was the food, the detox process, the weather.. but I really think it's taking my vitamins in the morning with water. I'm going to try and spread them out so I take one or two pills with every meal so it isn't as much pressure on my body. Not sure if you can space out the timing of yours?

@kassiemn922 I had such a bad headache this morning.. I was really shocked because I expected a headache in the first few days. I think mine may have been caused by too little food yesterday (I had an omelette at 5pm yesterday and that was it until 9am this morning). Could it be something like that? Have you checked in with the Whole30 Timeline? I find that really helpful as a resource - although I'm not always on the same day, but most of it speaks some truth. Also, I find it quite supportive that these symptoms and feelings will pass!!

On 9/28/2017 at 3:20 PM, Nettles said:

Hi all, 

It's day 4 for me and I feel fantabulous! It's a bank holiday where I live, so I have today and tomorrow off work. 

Got up early, had 1 hard boiled egg and coffee with a tea spoon of coconut oil, ran my 14k in the park.

Back home made my spinach and egg omelette, then started cooking pumpkin soup and chicken cacciatore for lunch. I'm on a roll. :D  It's going to be a great day.

Take care ya'll!

Cheers. :)

Today is Day 1 of Week 2 and I am also feeling amazing. I was a little light headed the 2nd day but have felt amazing since. I live overseas so I can't get the compliant bacon. Dying for some - my meals seem so boring.

@SineadMon I can eat the same thing about 3 times. I usually have one time like the recipes says, another time I will add guacamole or avocado and another time I will add salsa. I throw in a steak and steamed veggies for a meal once during the week. For me it works. I'm addicted to cookbooks and can make almost anything Whole 30. Take a recipe with cream, sub coconut cream. Need cheese, use nutritional yeast...gives a cheddar taste or make cheese from nuts. There is something about making food that just explodes with flavor that makes it easy to eat a few times. 

I get get headaches all the time, on or off whole30. I find if I start I need to drink more water. I naturally flush sodium and am on the low side (I eat seaweed and add it to things for sodium and iodine). You would be amazed at how little sodium you consume when you cook all your food. 

I made a frittata, Portuguese stew, shrimp and chorizo soup for next week. I also boiled a dozen eggs and steamed 2 lbs of broccoli. I'm in the process of making French squash soup. I find drinking a cup in the morning helps me to consume my veggies in the morning. 

On 9/27/2017 at 2:38 PM, Stumbo said:

Hey guys!  A few of my friends started on 9/25 and we made a Facebook group.  https://www.facebook.com/whole30at40ish/ It's nothing official, but we just chat some and post pics of what we're eating.  

Hope it's going well for y'all.  I've jumped on the La Croix train.  I was a mad dt mtn dew addict with the addiction of a fun mixer at night.  Lots of habits to kick here.  Good times!

I think I joined.  Lol

46 minutes ago, Mishierose76 said:

@SineadMon I can eat the same thing about 3 times. I usually have one time like the recipes says, another time I will add guacamole or avocado and another time I will add salsa. I throw in a steak and steamed veggies for a meal once during the week. For me it works. I'm addicted to cookbooks and can make almost anything Whole 30. Take a recipe with cream, sub coconut cream. Need cheese, use nutritional yeast...gives a cheddar taste or make cheese from nuts. There is something about making food that just explodes with flavor that makes it easy to eat a few times. 

I get get headaches all the time, on or off whole30. I find if I start I need to drink more water. I naturally flush sodium and am on the low side (I eat seaweed and add it to things for sodium and iodine). You would be amazed at how little sodium you consume when you cook all your food. 

I made a frittata, Portuguese stew, shrimp and chorizo soup for next week. I also boiled a dozen eggs and steamed 2 lbs of broccoli. I'm in the process of making French squash soup. I find drinking a cup in the morning helps me to consume my veggies in the morning. 

I did my prepping today also:  hard boiled eggs, ghee, shepherds pie for dinner tonight with leftovers for lunches, spaghetti squash cooked up, sausage to go with eggs, and brisket ready for tomorrow's dinner.

Good score on veggies and fruit for the week shopping yesterday.  So week 2---let's keep on keepin' on!!

small victory this week, I did not cave to homemade key lime pie and cookies.  I realllllllllly wanted to but managed to stay away.   I miss sugar. Other than that, I'm feeling good and much less bloated!!!

On 9/30/2017 at 4:03 AM, mamakat said:

I too started on the 25th.  my week has been okay so far.  it has been hard having to cook and prepare everything all the time but I am dealing.  my hardest thing so far is drinking the plain water.  I love water with mio water enhancer in it and I have gotten so used to it that it is hard to just drink it plain all the time.  I don't really like sparkling water and everyone keeps suggesting that,  but who knows maybe my tastes will change some.  I guess the worst part with it is I do take a handful of pills every morning and night and the other day I gagged.  so now I just about gag thinking of it.  I need flavor with my pills.  blah. :wacko: I did do a swallow of oj this morning with them and that helped a whole lot.  well, as always I will always take suggestions.  Have a happy weekend to all!

Yes.  The planning and cooking ahead is tough but definitely pays off. I'll be happy tomorrow but was silently grumping today. Lol. I say try a variety of the flavored seltzer waters.  They have grown on me.  I like some more than others but it's a nice change. I also like lemon and cucumber in my water.  Very refreshing.  Good luck!!

@TracyE I miss the sugar too!!! It's crazy because all day today I was dreaming of all the Sunday 'treats' I would have if I wasn't on whole30! But then I remembered, that's one of the main reasons I started this to begin with. You're right, the flavored seltzer waters are great and I do nibble on nuts and raisins if I'm really really stuck! And HUGE CONGRATS on the victory... that was a tough one but well done!

@Mishierose76 Thanks for the advice... I do agree that the more flavor you add the better, and I do need to hit up my spice cabinet and see. I did some more prep today and have a few things in mind for this week. Can you believe we're through day 7 already!?!?! It's been a tough week but so proud we made it this far!!!

For water I add lemon, lime, cucumber, sometimes some berries. I'm more of a plain club soda kind of gal with a splash of lime.

@TracyE congrats on not giving into the cookies.

My husband is not doing the whole30 and didn't last time either, so I've learned to live with temptation. One of my weaknesses is our favorite brewery makes these things called Honeycombs. They are fried pastries covered in organic honey and real whip cream. They are heavenly. We went there Friday for a release party, I was good with my salad and club soda, but hubby was teasing me about ordering those. Our server, who is a sweetheart, told him she would not put the order in. The good thing about being a regular there is they know when I say I'm on the whole 30 they know what I eat and don't make a big deal about it.

Anyway, welcome to week 2. Hope everyone is doing well.

Welcome to day 10. I seem to be really tired today, only one NSV that I've really seen so far is my wedding ring is fitting now. Other then that this time is very different from my last round 6 months ago. I still had the headaches, just not as bad. I didn't feel like I had the flu, like last time. I just have no energy to work out but I push anyway. I honestly know why people stop at day 10, I am feeling so over this. I know what the reward is and that is the only reason why I'm continuing. My first was so much easier for me to complete. I guess since I know what is coming I want it NOW! I'm sitting hear eating my salad with HBE and whole30 dressing and sugar snap peas (which I LOVE), drinking my tea with whole30 creamer, wondering where my darn energy is. And nothing tastes as yummy as I know it is...which is my stupid brain. I have really dark circles under my eyes and I want pastries!!! Anyway. Hope everyone else is doing better. I do know it is worth it. And if you have any doubts, know that it is worth it. I have not met anyone that has said they regretted doing this. 20 more days til wine.

You've got this @Mishierose76 - especially if you know how good it feels. My rings also seem a little looser and I'm sleeping so much better but that's about it. I've been finding today really tough, just seriously craving sugar and finding it really tough to resist. I'm also pretty wrecked - sleeping so so well but just feel like i need so mcuh more. I'm trying to remind myself of the expected benefits.. this is my first one so i'm not sure. I've just decided not to overthink it but plan, plan, plan and not second guess anything. Delighted we are into double digits! :)

12 hours ago, SineadMon said:

You've got this @Mishierose76 - especially if you know how good it feels. My rings also seem a little looser and I'm sleeping so much better but that's about it. I've been finding today really tough, just seriously craving sugar and finding it really tough to resist. I'm also pretty wrecked - sleeping so so well but just feel like i need so mcuh more. I'm trying to remind myself of the expected benefits.. this is my first one so i'm not sure. I've just decided not to overthink it but plan, plan, plan and not second guess anything. Delighted we are into double digits! :)

Glad to know I'm in good company.  I'm feeling satisfied after meals and definitely not experiencing the crash and burn in the afternoons which is great.  But im still tired and still want sugar, even dreamed I accidentally ate a bowl of ice cream.  

However, I made a great W30 almond crusted Dijon tilapia for dinner that was a huge hit with the family and will likely make a regular appearance on the menu!!  So easy.  So good. 

Carry on.  It will be worth it. That tiger blood is coming, right?!?

@SineadMonThanks! I feel lots better waking up this morning. Hubby didn't want to go to the gym, but I stayed awake and did some things. Not early as tired. Maybe turning a corner. Yeah on the sleeping better. @TracyE great job on the dinner! It's fun ginding something you can cook all the time after whole30 that you know is good for you. 

I too have an intense craving for sugar. My treat was sorbet or coconut ice cream. Had to forgo a release party last night because I knew my will power was not up to saying no. At least I know to take myself out of a bad situation. Cheers to making day 11. Here's to taming the sugar dragon and getting more energy! Have a great day!

Okay, day 12 here we go. Woke up a little groggy but about 9 I got my swing. I'm not drinking coffee, just tea, so after yesterdays bounds of energy today seems harder. Not as tired as I was before, just not lots of energy. It was funny because last time I remember having vivid dreams about food, but not this time. It was really hard last night. Hubby wanted to go to our local brewery, he walked there and got his exercise is. I drove after I finished work, we work at the same company, and our server saw me and got me my club soda with lemon right away. Hubby had pizza and I ordered a naked burger with avocado and extra lettuce so I could wrap it. I used compliant hot sauce and hubby at my fries. I wonder if using so much will power last night made me tired this morning? I'll have to keep track of that. Any who, hope everyone else is doing well. We are closing in on half way there. Keep up the good work.

You are STRONG mishierose!!! 

I'm also still waiting on the "tiger blood" here...........but we carry on.  This week I was getting so BLAH about having to cook so I got 2 new recipes and they were so good and a total hit with the whole family even the non Whole30 crew that we will make them staples!!

Almond Dijon crusted Tilapia--super easy and fantastic.  I don't even like Tilapia!!!

Orange Cashew chicken.    Amazing.

tonight I'm going to brown up some turkey and veggies and stuff into sweet potatoes. 

Needless to say, my family is thrilled with this cooking up of new stuff lately!!  LOL.

Carry on, people, we are HALFWAY THERE!!

@SineadMon I hear you. Keeping busy is the hard part. We were watching tv last night and I finally went to bed early because I wanted to snack. I usually paint or do something when I watch tv but this was a show you have to pay attention to. Anyway, off to the store and then cooking. Then a bike ride and a run. Have a great day. 

Welcome to day 13 everyone. 

Day 14! I dreamed of red wine last night. Glasses and glasses of it. I have a harvest at my wine club on the 28th and I know I will do this until then. That will start my introduction. Hubby and I were talking last night about my food freedom. Basically no gluten or dairy. Everything else was okay last time. I will still do the slow introduction, but I know those two are out. The plan for when we go to the wine club is to bring my own gluten free crackers and smoked meat. This time I'm going to take the introduction slower. 

As far as nsv go...I'm not as bloated, no gas, I woke up today at 5:30 ready to get the day going. I've done a load of laundry, had breakfast, did some reading, and now I'm going for a run. Have a wonderful day everyone!

That's amazing @Mishierose76... Amazing NSVs and the taste of tiger blood. I am really missing the emotional comfort of food at the moment. My boyfriend comes into town this evening and usually I tend to relax any food restrictions I have while he is here. But I'm really committed to seeing day 30. I've told him all about the program and he is so supportive - I think it's just that I am losing my motivation. I've had some really positive NSVs so far - clearer skin, better sleep (with the exception of last night, but I think that was the weather!), more energy and focus, more positive attitude! 

As much as I'm battling it now, i would really love my reintroduction to maintain a diet and lifestyle without sugar. I know it's my biggest trigger and downfall. If I could try and keep it out of my diet, I think that would really bring food freedom for me... i'm just not sure I can do a life without sugar and treats!

@SineadMon I do know about looking to food for comfort. I hope you had a good night with your boyfriend. It is awesome he is being supportive, it is really hard some days watching hubby eat some things, but I know it's totally worth it. 

We made it to day 15, halfway there!! I have so much more energy, I don't know why I ever fell off the wagon.

As far as living without sugar, I've given up white and fake sugar. I use honey to sweeten things, if needed. I have found that I don't add sugar to anything and I reduce the amount I use in recipes. I stuck to making my own mayo and buying sauces and things without sugar. I find that bacon without sugar is just as yummy as with. I do use coconut sugar instead of white when needed for cookies and such.

Have a great day!!!

I can see how it's easy to keep going with less sugar and homemade condiments.  

Yes!!!  1/2 way!!!!

in a college tour with my son today.   Ate a good breakfast.  Packed healthy snacks for the ride home to stave off the hangry until we get home to a good W30 dinner.   Managed to find a compliant and decent salad at lunch so.......so far so good.  Here's to another day!!

Archived