Starting tomorrow, 9/25!

Brandi27

Wooooooo!!! ladies I'm feeling so proud that we're half way there... I honestly never thought I would stick along this far but I'm so thrilled I did. I feel great..As I said, I do struggle with the same foods sometimes and it can be difficult to stay enthusiastic but i never want to lose this feeling. It's so amazing to think (and remind ourselves!) that the hard work is done... we made it through the really tough days and hard struggles and so nothing can be as difficult as that moving forward.

@Mishierose76 thanks so so much for the advice.. definitely sounds more manageable when you put it that way. My boyfriend has actually been amazing - we went to a burger place last night and I made my own burger, with a lettuce wrap inside of a bun and it was so good. Also, wait until you hear this, he said to me "you look so great and seem so happy, maybe I could do this with you?!"

Good for you @TracyE so fantastic that you are able to keep on track even when the day is a bit out of routine!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@SineadMon everything sounds wonderful.

I'm definitely into tiger blood. Up at 4:30 pretty easily and asleep at 9-9:30.  Workouts are pretty good, I'm more muscle sore but I think I just need to tweak my protein and carbs. The past two days I did 2 spin classes and an almost 5 mile run with no bonking. Got up this morning but hubby didn't want to hit the gym so I'm taking an Epsom salt bath with eucalyptus and spearmint to loosen me up for yoga. The only bad thing so far is my acne is acting up. 

@TracyE good luck with the touring and good plan! 

Happy day 16 and have a great day!

OMG @Mishierose76, a bath sounds so amazing... I'm definitely planning one of those later tonight. And seriously, your level of activity is insane.. that's amazing! I'm ok fitness level, I just need to start introducing it into my daily routine more often. But I'm being very careful not to take on too much too soon. So for now, I'm planning on focusing fully on whole30 and building the good habits into my daily eating. When I feel more in control of this, I will start going back to running and the gym. Actually, my boyfriend has started a new gym routine and said we'll go together while he is here so I'm going to try that - when our work schedules align!

YEAH!! Day 17. @SineadMon I actually am just getting back into the swing of things. My husband broke his back 2 1/2 years ago and then had a quad bypass, so things were pretty random in the gym area. 3 surgeries later he is back working out with me and I'm able to have a lot more freedom to take off and run. It is a good idea to ease into it or you burn yourself out. One issue I'm having is muscle fatigue. I've got energy, I just have really tired muscles. I think I need more carbs and to tweak my protein. I've added in some fruit with my protein in the morning, I can't stomach sweet potato that early. I find that I crave more sugar after the fun, but the fruit helps with that. My body just wants its carbs for fast recovery.

Good luck with going to the guy with your boyfriend. I do enjoy being able to have someone to work out with again. :)

Have a great day!!!

Day 18 and I get a stupid sinus infection and sore throat. I can't even talk without crying. Drinking tea with lemon and salt water gargle. Steam both and netty pot. I know some people say it's just the toxins coming out of your fat. Anyway. Hope all goes well for everyone else. 

Ugh.  Sinus infections are the worst.   So sorry!!  Just hang in there, right?   Lots of broth!!   Tea!!!  Water!!!  And quick healing    :)

I'm so excited that we are truly on the home stretch!!  Tomorrow I have a work event after work and a homecoming football game for the kids.  I will be strong.  And pack snacks!!   That's the plan. 

Hang in there to all of us!

Awh no @Mishierose76, what a nightmare. You're doing all the right things, so just rest and hopefully it will pass soon. 

Good luck at the football game @TracyE. I have a celebratory dinner and drinks for a colleague later tonight. I'm quite nervous about going - but feel so committed to the program at this stage that I am just going to make the best decisions for me! Wish me luck!

Day 20 I think. I've been sick in bed since Wednesday night. The only good thing about this is I have Whole 30 soups and frozen crockpot meals to get me through. I don't crave anything non compliment. The bad thing is with the tigers blood, yes it is still here, I have loads of energy, just can't breathe and can't just sleep it off. I'm catching up on my reading, doing meal planning, and taking long hot baths. I can't wait for this fever to break so I can do something. Hope everything is going well for you ladies. Here's to the last 10 days!!!

How are you feeling now @Mishierose76?? At least you are feeling the benefits of the program now and able to keep it going despite being so unwell. Dinner went well over the weekend - I was able to manage it all and it was a great sense of accomplishment to go for drinks and a celebratory night out and not fall off plan. Also, my boyfriend and I ate out twice over the weekend and I was able to make good compliant decisions. It was a really good feeling. However, we are both excited about cooking some more meals at home over the next few days! Only another 8 days ladies, can you believe it?! This is my first Whole30 and I am feeling incredibly proud right now!

@SineadMon good for you! That is awesome. I love being able to eat out and eat well. I'm pretty lucky, Portland has some pretty amazing places that are Paleo or Whole 30. You have every right to feel proud. 

I'm still sick. Went to the doc and seems I got an pretty bad infection. On antibiotics and rest.   Plenty of time to plan reintroduction and cook. At least my mind is clear but I'm super angry because of the pain. This too shall pass. 

@Ivie20 this is my second time around so I'll do a slow introduction. I'll keep gluten and dairy out since I know they are a no go. I'm going to go slow on the beans and legumes, keep mostly paleo. 

Not long now!!!

Hello day 24. I'm finally feeling a little better. I could only walk 2 miles today and that took 50 minutes. I know I have to take it easy, but I want to feel better. Energy is still up and clothes feel looser. The saving grace is I put away a few whole 30 freezer meals that I've thrown in the crockpot. I'll just have to remember to make some more. 6 days til reintro! 

That's great @Mishierose76.. To be honest, now that we are so close, I've started to feel so excited about finishing - seeing it as being 'over' rather than 'reintro'. I understand that isn't the best approach, nor is it the healthy way I want to proceed, but it's a bit of what you said @Ivie20 and also, I kind of want to reward myself (maybe I haven't learned as much on this program as I should!)

Anyone else feeling this way? 

Actually that is how I felt finishing my first whole 30. Looking back I wished I had taken more time. I think the easiest thing to do is to not worry about added sugar, but try really hard to introduce the other stuff in a structured way. Try red wine or something without gluten. I do know you want to celebrate and I think you should, but maybe try paleo treats, there are great cheesecakes made with nuts. I will keep on the whole 30 for a while, since I do have an auto ammunition disorder, but I will make paleo pancakes and paleo muffins. Last year I made an amazing paleo Thanksgiving thanks to nom nom paleo. The weekend of the 28th hubby and I are going to a harvest gathering at a winery I belong to. I'm bringing my own gluten for crackers and nut cheese. I'll have a burger with no bun and not worry about potato salad made with regular mayo. I do plan on doimg this twice a year until I feel like I can keep under control and not feel like it is such a struggle 

Thanks so much for the advice... Great to have your experienced eye @Mishierose76. Before this, I did think my diet was quite good - I tried to avoid dairy most of the time and a lot of heavy gluten, but after doing the last 24 days, I think it wasn't as 'whole' as I had thought. The sugar dragon is my serious problem... And while I was obviously able to stay away from it for the last few weeks, i can nearly feel it rearing back up again. I know the reintro suggests avoiding trigger foods and so that's where I'm having the biggest struggle. Maybe those paleo desserts might work the tricks - any good recommendations?

@Ivie20 CONGRATULATIONS!! That's amazing :) You definitely deserve to celebrate - and so maybe there is a good way to do it! I will definitely be doing this program more often as it is a great way to just reset the body! 

@SineadMon I definitely struggle with sugar. I'm a chocolate kinda gal. Truffles are my weakness. It was hard during my period as I go to chocolate every time. Right now what I do is drink flavored tea with nutpods. Last time I ate a whole bag of sweethearts before whole 30. Afterwards I drank wine. This time I got all of the triggers out of the house. My husband went out and got tons of candy. I've been strong. I made sure he didn't get some of my favorites. I will pick up some dark chocolate and almond candies afterwards. It's actually all compliant ingredients so it makes me feel better about having a few after. It's my way of not giving into guilt while taking care of myself. I don't eat dairy ice cream but I do sorbet. Almost everything I'm planning on keeping in my house for me is compliant except for the added sugar. I'm very interested to see how legumes will affect me as I like eat those instead of meat a few times a week. Only a few more days! Stay strong. 

On 10/18/2017 at 2:40 PM, SineadMon said:

To be honest, now that we are so close, I've started to feel so excited about finishing - seeing it as being 'over' rather than 'reintro'.

Anyone else feeling this way? 

I can't wait to eat beans next Wednesday. I've never been so excited for beans. And CHEESE. I miss cheese. I don't think I'm really "craving" sugar anymore. Like if I think about eating a brownie or something the idea sounds nice, but I don't feel like  Omgihavetohavethat. I also miss sushi. Definitely getting my sushi on when I can. 

Happy Day 26!!! 

I wrote a longer response yesterday but somehow it got tagged as spam and then deleted. So trying again

@SineadMonThansk so much. I am feeling pretty excited and cannot wait to celebrate:). In retrospect starting the program at the time I did was an amazing thing because instead of feeling dejected during the job search, it kept me motivated and I didn't fall prey to bad vices.

@HazelSkye OMG you are so right!! I can't wait for chickpeas and basmati white rice. I've also missed my sushi and Pho.

I will try to stay disciplined for the reintro but honestly, the prospect of eating less meat is more appealing to me at the moment. 

Thanks so much @Mishierose76 - that is exactly the approach I think I want to take. Before the program (and this is my first full W30, although I've had the book and known the program since 2015), I rarely ate gluten or dairy as it just never fully agreed with me but sugar was my main trigger. After reading up some bits on the reintro, they still don't encourage going back to eating sugar (we all know why!). So I'm thinking of sticking relatively closely to my W30 way of eating and also maybe integrating some paleo or keto type treats.. Do you have any suggestions? You mentioned having compliant ingredients - do you mind sharing what they might be? I hope you don't mind, but I'm trying to arm myself with as much information as possible going into the 'coming out of this' phase!!!

@HazelSkye I've been craving a Pad Thai since about Day 10 but found an interesting Paleo Pad Thai on an online website and I'm going to try that this weekend. Maybe you could find something like that for sushi (or obviously wait until Wednesday and get the real thing :) ) Or maybe @Ivie20 there could be some online Pho recipes?! But given that you will be travelling so much, you might not have access to a kitchen as easily?!

@SineadMon Yeah, I am going to try to see if I can get one of those special diet meals on the plane. I am flying to South Africa so will be flying for 19 hours which will make it difficult to prepare meals. I will also have to pack Whole30 approved emergency snacks and things like Chomps, boiled eggs and maybe carrots in case I need snacks. Once I get there, I am hoping its like Nigeria - where I am from - and I can get organic meals. I will just have to be careful.  I need to wait on the Pho because of the noodles so we will see :) 

So its Day 28 right now and I am kind of ready for this to be over. I need moral support. Is anyone feeling like they just want this to be over????

Since I am doing the whole30 journey alone (my sister dropped out on day 2 and now takes pleasure in tormenting me with food I cant have), I need support from other people in the forums. I honestly don't need encouragement, I just want conversation or something.  Just don't want to feel so alone LOL. I am literarily saying no to every invitation.

@Ivie20 I feel the same thing. My husband is not doing this with me. I’m doing it because I do feel better with no gluten or dairy and need the reset to get my energy back. I’m holding out on reintroduction until Saturday where I will start with red wine at a harvest party. Just know you are almost there! I think it’s so worth it! 

Archived