First Time Around

JillAnnRice

Today is my first day and first time doing Whole30.  Feeling pretty good.  I have a meal plan for the first week.  Breakfast was the hardest for me to figure out.  It has always included a grain (refrigerator oats) or dairy (Greek yogurt) in the past.  For this week, I'm going with a sweet potato, pork steak, and scrambled egg mixture.  I've made it ahead, so I can just grab and go.  

Day 2

I had a dream last night that someone tricked me into eating chips and salsa on day 2 and I had to start all over.  I was so relieved when I woke up and realized it was just a dream!  

Dinner last night and tonight is SC Butter Chicken with riced cauliflower and green beans.  My husband is supporting me in my Whole30 journey but not joining me this time around.  He really liked the meal and is always up for trying new food.  

Goals for the 30 days:

- Zumba on the days my schedule allows: 9/25, 9/30, 10/2, 10/9, 10/14, 10/16, 10/21, and 10/23.

- Break my sugar addition and become more aware of the foods and ways I seek out sugar throughout my day.  

- Educate my extended family on my food choices.  

- don't break the rules during trip to conference 10/5 - 10/8

Day 3

Not going as planned.  My breakfast was supposed to be 2 boiled eggs and a banana.  It ended up being 1 boiled egg and a banana.  One of the eggs was weird and soggy, so I decided not to eat it.  

Lunch was a a salad with chicken.

I forgot to pack my afternoon snack, so...no snack either.  

I'm not sure what to do about dinner.  Normally, we eat at church, but I want to stay complaint.  Dinner is taco salad and cinnamon roles.  Obviously no to the cinnamon role.  Maybe on the taco salad.  Not really sure.  My original plan was just to skip the meal and eat at home afterwards, but now I'm already hungry.  Not sure I can wait that long.

I think I might go with a Larabar and fruit to tide me over.  

Day 5

Yesterday, day 4, was rough.  All around, but I stuck it out and went to bed early.  I'm very introverted and people make me tire.  It was one of those kinds of days at work were people made me tire.  Then, I had a mentor meeting to go to where I am the leader.  There were 2 new people and emotions were running high for everyone in the group.  This drained my people meter even more.  By the time I got home, I didn't want to eat dinner but just go straight to bed.  Thankfully, my husband had made an awesome taco salad for me.  I ate, showered, and straight to bed.  

It was hard getting up this morning, but after getting up and eating, I'm feeling ok.  Not a ton of energy, but ok.  It's Friday, so tonight I plan on doing nothing, but sleeping again.  

I'm ready for more energy!

Archived