Restart on dairy only?

Eggy

On Day 23 my mother added grated Romano to my garden-fresh tomato and cucumber salad; I took 2-3 bites before I smelled it and spit it out. Yes, I know I should start again from Day 1, but here's my question: is it okay to continue to Day 30 with everything except dairy?  Then by Day 30 for everything else, I'd be at Day 7 for dairy? 

I think I know the answer, but if you don't ask the answer is always no.

• Moderators
6 hours ago, Eggy said:

On Day 23 my mother added grated Romano to my garden-fresh tomato and cucumber salad; I took 2-3 bites before I smelled it and spit it out. Yes, I know I should start again from Day 1, but here's my question: is it okay to continue to Day 30 with everything except dairy?  Then by Day 30 for everything else, I'd be at Day 7 for dairy? 

I think I know the answer, but if you don't ask the answer is always no.

Ya, unfortunately that's not how healing the gut works... if your body (and we don't know this yet) is sensitive to dairy and that romano cheese went and put a big fat scratch on your gut, the reset is essentially over... the only way to do reintroductions and have them mean anything is to have all those scrapes and gouges and wounds (speaking figuratively here) healed and your gut in pristine condition before you start reintroducing things.  If you kept going and then reintroduced, say bread and your reaction to the bread was actually from your stomach still having wounds, then that test of whether bread works for you or not is moot right?

That really stinks that that happened but honestly the only way to get the info on this experiment that we're all aiming for which is to know how food affects us is to keep everything clean and healing for the full 30 days... sorry :(

Archived