Meal Timing Advice

DebG44

I just started my first Whole 30 on September 20.  So far, things have been going great.  However, since I work 10 hour shifts 7 on, 7 off night shifts, Ive been off since I startedd.  I'm going back to work tomorrow and I'm trying to figure out how to stay compliant.  Pre-Whole 30 I would eat a meal around 6 pm, a snack at 10:30pm, and "lunch" around 2am.  I would have another (very unhealthy) snack when I got home and go to bed around 10am.  

My Whole 30 plan is full meals at 6pm and 2am, and mini meals at 10:30pm and 8am.  Would anyone suggest anything different?  What are some of your guys favorite mini-meals?

• Moderators
2 hours ago, DebG44 said:

I just started my first Whole 30 on September 20.  So far, things have been going great.  However, since I work 10 hour shifts 7 on, 7 off night shifts, Ive been off since I startedd.  I'm going back to work tomorrow and I'm trying to figure out how to stay compliant.  Pre-Whole 30 I would eat a meal around 6 pm, a snack at 10:30pm, and "lunch" around 2am.  I would have another (very unhealthy) snack when I got home and go to bed around 10am.  

My Whole 30 plan is full meals at 6pm and 2am, and mini meals at 10:30pm and 8am.  Would anyone suggest anything different?  What are some of your guys favorite mini-meals?

Do you sleep from 8am to when you wake up to have your first meal at 6pm?  Why are you trying to plan for only two meals a day and snacks?  We'd want to work with your schedule to get you eating 3 meals a day ESPECIALLY since night shift work and shift work in general is extremely taxing on the body... 

I actually sleep from 10-6.  I use the time when I get off in the morning to exercise the dog, cook, and do chores.  It works out better for me than getting up earlier to cook.  My break times are set, and I'm not usually very hungry at my first break at 10:30 pm, hence I was thinking a snack or mini meal would work better.  I know waiting until my 2am "lunch break" would bee too long between meals.  I was also thinking a snack at 8am because I don't want to eat a full meal when I'll be going to bed at 10am.  What would you suggest?

I would try to make your 10:30 and 8 meals a little bigger than a mini-meal.  You're not that hungry now at your 10:30 but some of that might be conditioning --- if you stick with it, you might be able to get more good food in.  Also maybe skew that meal a little towards the fat side, rather than protein or carbs, then you'll be getting more food value with less volume, due to the density.

Archived