Over 50 & starting my first Whole 30 on October 1st!

PurpleLadyMN

Hi All,

I just posted this comment on another subcriber's post, but thought I should introduce myself to the community at large.

I'm 53 and live in Minnesota. I'm starting my first Whole 30 on October 1st.  I try to eat mostly healthy, but do love sweets, chips and pasta, as well as other unhealthy foods.  I have struggled with gaining/losing the same 30 pounds as I've gotten older.  I'm a certified health coach, but don't always practice what I preach.  I've lost the weight off and on through various diets, but it's harder now the older I get.  I like the concept of Whole 30, so after reading the book, decided I would try it.  I'm also meeting with an allergy doctor tomorrow to have some tests done, so I feel like the timing is good to see how my body reacts to eliminating all the various items from my diet.

I started running when I was 45 years old and have run 2 full marathons and over 20 half marathons.  I also started cycling and have participated in 6 MS-150 rides.  However, I started a new job a year ago with a longer commute and had my appendix out in late May, so while I used to be fairly active, I've just not had the energy or been making the time to be very active - so I need to also work on getting some more healthy exercise in as well.  I also struggle with getting healthy sleep I'm a night owl and with my longer commute it's harder to get to find the time to sleep - another thing I need to work on.

I would appreciate any support this community can give during this 30 days+ as I learn to follow the Whole 30 plan.  I'm excited to start although I have a 2-day seminar next week, that I'll have to bring my own food for, so that might be challenging.

Have a good day and keep in touch!

Stephanie

Archived