Bloating causes

Elenianne

I just finished my whole 30 and I lost 3.5 lbs, but more amazingly, 2 inches off my waist. All of my other body measurements were the same, so this makes me think that one of the eliminated foods is causing some bloating. I don't eat legumes to begin with so I'm assuming it's either dairy or gluten. How should I reintroduce to figure out which food might be causing this? Should i only introduce one for a couple of weeks and see what happens before introducing the other? I'm only asking because I doubt that I would get a 2 inch difference after only two days or maybe not even after only exposing myself to something for just one day. Maybe it takes repeated exposures before it causes all of that bloat? Has anyone else experienced this? This has made a huge improvement to the way I feel and I don't want this bloat thing to happen again. I just wonder if it's even possible to figure out the culprit quickly. Thanks!

• Moderators

I would probably start by doing a day of dairy at each meal (or gluten, order isn't important here) and see how that day goes. It may be enough for you to tell there's *something* going on, even if you're not suddenly two inches bigger. Then I'd wait at least two days, or until you feel good again if it takes a little longer, and try a day of whichever one you didn't already try at each meal. 

If you feel like you didn't get answers from that, or you want to do other reintroductions, you can always continue on from there, but again, its possible you'll get enough information just from that.

It definitely can be the case that you don't notice much after one day, but eating something several days in a row does cause noticeable issues, so if you don't notice a change after one day, doing a week-long reintro of one thing would make sense. 

Archived