ChangingWay71's Whole 30 Round 2

NewStart2014

Today I start my Whole 30 Round 2!

I'm looking forward to learning more about my body's needs to be healthy, adventuring in trying new things and making my beliefs convictions.

I'm eager to see how this day will go! :)

So far:

M1 - Kiwi Fruit and a black tea (I'm still full from dinner last night which I think tells me I need to take a good hard look at my portion sizes- I need to focus on that this Round)

Morning Tea - Black tea and 1/2 cup of blueberries

M2 - 1 1/2 cups salad, 1 tin of tuna, 3 black olives, 3 pieces of roasted capsicum, 3 sun dried tomatoes, one egg muffin with bok choy, green capsicum and 1 slice or prosciutto, 1 apple, water

Afternoon tea - I had a soy latte...even though I know I was feeling emotional. Bad Call. TOmorrow will be better

M3 - 2 fried eggs, 2 tbs onion, 1/4 cup bacon, 1/2 sweet potato, 1/4 avocado, 2 tbs homemade salsa, water

I'm feeling very good, not too full and strongly considering starting gym classes next week as far as zumba and a class called war.

Day 2 - Whole 30 Round 2

I had training today an hour away from home so got up and left early.

Also put in my dietary requirements last week for todays training session. No dairy, no grains, no sugar. I trusted that my work would follow through.

M1 - 2 eggs, 1/2 chorizo, 1/4 mushrooms, 1/4 avocado, 1 tbs homemade salsa, 1 cup black tea

Morning Tea - 1 banana, 1 black tea (my work served cookies/bikkies and coffee or tea)

M2 - I didn't bring anything. My work served chicken, ham or roast wraps with cheese, lettuce, carrot, onion and mayo. I scrapped off what I could from the wrap and ate what I could. They did bring out a big tray of fruit and I ate about a 1 1/2 cups of fruit.

Afternoon tea - Work didn't serve anything (I ate some more fruit)

M3 - fish, salad, salsa, avocado, boiled egg, 1 non compliant twiggy stick (meat stick), honey dew.

Emotionally

I'm feeling pretty frustrated that I didn't do what was best for me and back a good and healthy lunch and that my work couldn't be trusted with my dietary needs.

Physically

I'm feeling tired and ready for bed, tense in my shoulders and neck. :wacko:

Focus

Why did I eat that non compliant twiggy stick. :o Should I try exercising next Tuesday night? Scattered I think is the word.

Hoping tomorrow is a better day! :mellow:

Hi :).

I have a couple of thoughts as I read through this.

Stop beating yourself up about lunch! I would say under the circumstances you did the best you could! You told them your restrictions, trusted that was being covered and then they failed - NOT you!

Now, as for the noncompliant twiggy stick...and these may reflect my own personal thoughts as I head into a whole14 starting Friday. WHY dd you decide to do a second whole30? I am working on coming up with my own goals right now. As I said to someone earlier this week, you got through your first whole30 because your goal then was to get through a whole30! Now that it has been achieved, I believe it may be far easier to fall off track for a second whole30 without clearly defined goals. What is it you hope to achieve this time around?

You have already had two days where you made noncompliant choices. Write down your goals, start fresh today and work towards those goals! It HAS to be more than just being compliant.

Again, I am telling a lot of this to myself as well. Hopefully you see this as support and not that I am chastising you!

Have a great new day!!

Day 3 - Whole 30 Round 2

M1 - banana, blueberries, coconut cream, black tea

Morning Tea - Honey Dew, black tea

M2 - fish, salad, avocado, olives, sun dried tomatoes, capsicum, water

Afternoon tea - Black Tea

M3 - chicken breast fried in ghee, onions, mushrooms, coconut cream, avocado, salad, water

Emotionally

I'm feeling well, not emotional just overwhelmed with work but trying not to take it on board much, I'm doing the best I can at work.

Physically

Woke up at 2am and couldn't go back to sleep until 3:30am but generally I'm feeling good.

Focus

My focus is back on eating Whole30, planning my meals and preparing myself for the days ahead.

Hi :).

I have a couple of thoughts as I read through this.

Stop beating yourself up about lunch! I would say under the circumstances you did the best you could! You told them your restrictions, trusted that was being covered and then they failed - NOT you!

Now, as for the noncompliant twiggy stick...and these may reflect my own personal thoughts as I head into a whole14 starting Friday. WHY dd you decide to do a second whole30? I am working on coming up with my own goals right now. As I said to someone earlier this week, you got through your first whole30 because your goal then was to get through a whole30! Now that it has been achieved, I believe it may be far easier to fall off track for a second whole30 without clearly defined goals. What is it you hope to achieve this time around?

You have already had two days where you made noncompliant choices. Write down your goals, start fresh today and work towards those goals! It HAS to be more than just being compliant.

Again, I am telling a lot of this to myself as well. Hopefully you see this as support and not that I am chastising you!

Have a great new day!!

Thank you for your post kb I don't think your chastising me at all just giving me excellent food for thought - I thought about it most of the time at work yesterday when I had free mental space :D. Why did I decide to do a second Whole 30? I did not come in with any goals other than to loose weight. I think that was a bad decision. Although I still feel really good for the most part, Why...why am I doing this again?

I will go and think about it again today but what sits in my chest at the moment is exercise. I do not currently do any exercises other than walking to the printer or cleaning house. I'm thinking of joining my best mate for zumba or a class called war (tae bo).

Thank you again or the thought provoking message :)

Day 4 - Whole 30 Round 2

M1 - 2 eggs, bacon, black coffee

Morning Tea - Black tea

M2 - Salad and roasted chicken, water, coffee

Afternoon tea - black tea

M3 - Work Christmas party - Ham, turkey, roasted carrots, roasted broccoli, salad with tomatoes, mixed fresh fruit for dessert

Emotionally

Felt really good, relate that to taking time out and making a list of what needed to be done. Happy, stable and relaxed.

Physically

Felt really good, not tired, relaxed and generally well. This was the first time in 15 years I had danced in public with someone other than my children (even then I only danced at home with them) GO ME! :)

Focus

My focus is back on eating Whole30, decided to learn more about the exercises classes at the gym with friends of mine at the work party. Decided Tuesday is my day to go!

Day 5 - Whole 30 round 2

M1 - 3 eggs, red capsicum, mushrooms, bacon - black coffee

Morning tea - nothing

M2 - 1/2 chorizo, 1/4 avacado, steamed mixed veggies with lemon and chives, 1/2 sweet potato

Afternoon tea - tried a coconut cream coffee, almonds, orange (not sure if I liked the coconut cream coffee or not.

Still have the evening to go...back later to post more.

M3 - Steak, salad, tomatoes, beets and rockmelon (cantaloupe) for desert

Emotionally

Happy, stable and relaxed.

Physically

Feeling very lethargic and tired had a two hour nap. Relating that to possibly the stress of the week leading up to this day. But not entirely sure.

Focus

My focus is getting organised for the week ahead food and home wise. Organising is the key I think.

Day 6 - Whole 3 Round 2

M1 - 2 eggs, red and green capsicum, bacon fried in ghee, apple and black tea

M2 - 1/2 sweet potato (microwaved), 1/2 chorizo, 2 eggs, green capsicum, 10 spinach leaves, 1/2 avocado , coffee with coconut cream.

Afternoon tea - 1 Orange

M3 - Paleo slow cooker beef stew

I'm wondering if I'm having too many eggs?

Emotionally

At this early point in the day feeling frustrated with DS18 as he stays up all night on his phone and then sleeps all day.

Physically

Slept from 1030 to 8am even though I had a 2 hour nap yesterday. Feeling a draining or leeching sensation around my bones especially my spine and collar bones. Not really sure what this is but I've felt it before.

Focus

More of getting my home organised and getting myself prepared for another stressful week at work and it's the Silly season too.

Keep on going! I have seen one person post 5 eggs a day every day... Myself I aim for 2-3 but not every day

Thanks for this information. I'm not feeling quite so paranoid about it now :)

Happy to say that after the beef stew I'm not feeling quite as much of a "leeching" feeling around my collar bones and such too.

Day 6 - Whole 30 Round 2

It's 530am so this is my plan for the day.

M1 - 2 eggs, chorizo, blue berries, black tea

Morning Tea - Apple and I had a latte sachet

M2 - Salad and 2 egg and prosciutto muffins

Afternoon tea - Orange

M3 - Chicken crumbed with almond meal, steamed veggies, olives, sun dried tomatoes, roasted capsicum, 1/2 sweet potato

*my options are limited at the moment because neither the husband or myself have been to the shops. Going to make a grocery list and hope to have a wider variety this afternoon. - Thankful DH went to the grocery store!

Emotionally

I'm feeling a little bit tender and feeling like DH is a bit cranky and taking it out on me a little bit. DS18yo and I got into a tiff at the dinner table because (I feel) when I try to suggest things to him (his BO or his clothing choice) I've never got a point.

Physically

Good, a little bit of gas but nothing extreme.

Focus

Getting things accomplished at work, getting DS11yo through his day and going to the gym. I'm not exactly looking forward to it :(

Day 7 - Whole 30 Round 2

M1 - 2 eggs, chorizo, mushrooms, black tea, small glass of apple juice

Morning Tea - Apple, black tea

M2 - salad, chicken, soy latte

Afternoon tea - nothing

M3 - corned beef, steamed veg, water

Emotionally

Very hard day, felt a lot of anger with a work collage who did the wrong thing (promising things to the clients then leaving someone else to deliver) although I didn't behave in a particularly bad way I felt I could have handled it a little bit better.

Physically

In general good, but due to feeling angry I was jittery for a few hours. I don't like that makes me feel out of control.

Focus

Just getting through the holidays with out loosing my mind.

Day 8 - Whole 30 Round 2

M1 - 2 eggs, chorizo, mushrooms, bok choy, water

Morning Tea - apple, latte sachet

M2 - 1 small tin of tuna and steamed veggies, Orange and water

Afternoon tea - nothing

M3 - pork chop and guacamole, watermelon, water

Emotionally

Feeling better, wondering how much of my mood was based on the full moon. Feeling more positive and happier.

Physically

Feeling very exhausted, though no headaches, or tummy aches.

Focus

Just keep going.

I want you to keep going, but I am going to practice some tough love here.

Consuming a soy latte intentionally means you are not doing a whole30.

You can absolutely choose the latte for whatever reason you are choosing it, and just eat whole30-ish the rest of the time. Knowing the impact on hormones caused by soy I would strongly encourage you to find another beverage!

Again, commenting because I care!

I love the consistency here...that you post what you ate...and honest assements emotionally, physically, and focus.

Way to go on the re-start...you will have to decide if you want to push for longer than 30 days since you had that latte. Maybe I missed it here...but did you ever connect with your "why"?

I too; am doing a second Whole30; and my reasons are SO different from my first W30.

This time around it is more ..... authentic. I want to re-set my body; really heal my relationships with food (might take more than 30 days); and complete the entire process (including reintroduction) so I can learn what my triggers really are. I experienced some return to binge eating after my first W30; and my ideas about where I was going after those 30 days were very different than they are today.

Now I have a plan sketched out as to where I hope I am going ...

1) making this W30 a bit longer than 30 days...maybe 45 or 60)until I feel more comfortable reintroducing things without binging

2) taking the time to reintroduce things one at a time...waiting in between to see how my body reacts

3) going paleo for at least 90 days (possibly for life) after the reintroductions

4) ordering It Starts With Food...reading and implementing that along with some other "internal" work

there is more...but I just wanted to share those reasons with you...and maybe hear some of yours?

:)

P.S. Doesn't seem like you are eating enough to me...maybe that is why you are feeling exhaustion.

Hi all,

Thanks for your posts.

Keep going!

I struggled too on the begining of me second whole 30. I too had to re-establish my goals in order to get my mind focused.

You struggled but you kept going? I just want to keep going.

I want you to keep going, but I am going to practice some tough love here.

Consuming a soy latte intentionally means you are not doing a whole30.

You can absolutely choose the latte for whatever reason you are choosing it, and just eat whole30-ish the rest of the time. Knowing the impact on hormones caused by soy I would strongly encourage you to find another beverage!

Again, commenting because I care!

Thank you for your post KB, thank you for caring and wanting me to keep going. I needed to hear that :) The reaction my body has with soy is just evil. At present I feel like I want to choose the dairy latte purely because I'm that stressed with work and the insanity of keeping up with 3 peoples schedules at home that it's my only comfort. So it would be a comfort food. :(

I love the consistency here...that you post what you ate...and honest assements emotionally, physically, and focus.

Way to go on the re-start...you will have to decide if you want to push for longer than 30 days since you had that latte. Maybe I missed it here...but did you ever connect with your "why"?

I too; am doing a second Whole30; and my reasons are SO different from my first W30.

This time around it is more ..... authentic. I want to re-set my body; really heal my relationships with food (might take more than 30 days); and complete the entire process (including reintroduction) so I can learn what my triggers really are. I experienced some return to binge eating after my first W30; and my ideas about where I was going after those 30 days were very different than they are today.

Now I have a plan sketched out as to where I hope I am going ...

1) making this W30 a bit longer than 30 days...maybe 45 or 60)until I feel more comfortable reintroducing things without binging

2) taking the time to reintroduce things one at a time...waiting in between to see how my body reacts

3) going paleo for at least 90 days (possibly for life) after the reintroductions

4) ordering It Starts With Food...reading and implementing that along with some other "internal" work

there is more...but I just wanted to share those reasons with you...and maybe hear some of yours?

:)

P.S. Doesn't seem like you are eating enough to me...maybe that is why you are feeling exhaustion.

Hi Heathera Thanks for your post. For me the second round has been so much harder than the first round psychologically (but maybe it's just because of the soy) The only Why I can think of is stress related. As far as a plan, I'm not entirely sure, with round 1 my plan was similar to yours. I wanted to know what my relationship with food was, I wanted to reset my body and find out what triggered me to want to eat things that were not healthy for me.

This time around I wanted to bring exercise into my life and see how that went with Whole 30 and how it affected me. I'm yet to start the exercise.

But I do need to plan better.

As far as not eating enough, it's entirely possible, it's just finding the time to make the plan and executing the plan :wacko:

Hi all,

Thanks for your posts.

You struggled but you kept going? I just want to keep going.

Thank you for your post KB, thank you for caring and wanting me to keep going. I needed to hear that :) The reaction my body has with soy is just evil. At present I feel like I want to choose the dairy latte purely because I'm that stressed with work and the insanity of keeping up with 3 peoples schedules at home that it's my only comfort. So it would be a comfort food. :(

Hi Heathera Thanks for your post. For me the second round has been so much harder than the first round psychologically (but maybe it's just because of the soy) The only Why I can think of is stress related. As far as a plan, I'm not entirely sure, with round 1 my plan was similar to yours. I wanted to know what my relationship with food was, I wanted to reset my body and find out what triggered me to want to eat things that were not healthy for me.

This time around I wanted to bring exercise into my life and see how that went with Whole 30 and how it affected me. I'm yet to start the exercise.

But I do need to plan better.

As far as not eating enough, it's entirely possible, it's just finding the time to make the plan and executing the plan :wacko:

yes; planning is huge! I try to prep all my go-to foods on Sundays...but this has been a process for me over the past two years...and something that just comes second nature now. I started out small...and with a food guide I got while doing the Insanity program (I'm sure you've seen the infomercials) in May of 2011. I picked one meal from each of the meal groups (for a total of five small meals per day); and concentrated on doing those first...prepping everything; and duplicating it each day. Later; I was able to add another; and another meal...until I got to a point where I was prepping once a week.

I work full time; have children; a relationship; and a myriad of other activities that I am blessed to be part of....and at that time I was going to the gym in additon to doing the dvds from home. Later on I realized I didn't need a gym membership; and that I can just press play on my dvd player each day. The dvd programs don't ever get boring; I own them; I don't have to pay gym dues every month, and I don't waste 1-2 hours a day driving back and forth to the gym.

Essential #1 for me : a big cooler bag that I bring to work every day with my food; that way...I can take it with me regardless of where I am; and I am not left high and dry when the hunger comes on.

Essential #2 for me: a library of dvd programs for my fitness level (I can give you some names if you want)

It really is all about having fun; while figuring out what works for you...it can be as painful, or as fun, as you make it! Think back to what you enjoyed doing as a kid. Was it bike riding? Sports? Playing in the vacant lot with your friends? Boating? Hide and go seek? What types of stuff did you enjoy; and how can you translate that to now?

:D

Yes I struggled in the sense that I had 3 day 1's right in a row. Then finally on a Saturday I gave it the utmost attention and I got day one under my belt. Once I got a proper day 1, and 2 and 3 under my belt it got easier. Now at day 19 it's old hand.

Heather mentions prepping on the weekend. This is key. I make sure I have items ready and available for breakfast and lunch throughout the week. A menu is planned for the week (meaning we know what we are eating for dinner every night of the week) and items are ready to go a head of time to make it a throw together meal. Whichever meal it is. Lunch is usually a salad or leftovers of some kind. Breakfast is usually a form of eggs. 1st week it was spinach, pumpkin, proscuito, and egg muffins. Last week it was blueberry pork sausages and carrot souffle. This week it is a kale, mushroom, and sausage quiche. They are all made on Sunday and finished throughout the week. Even if I'm stumped for a meal choice there is always breakfast.

yes; planning is huge! I try to prep all my go-to foods on Sundays...but this has been a process for me over the past two years...and something that just comes second nature now. I started out small...and with a food guide I got while doing the Insanity program (I'm sure you've seen the infomercials) in May of 2011. I picked one meal from each of the meal groups (for a total of five small meals per day); and concentrated on doing those first...prepping everything; and duplicating it each day. Later; I was able to add another; and another meal...until I got to a point where I was prepping once a week.

I work full time; have children; a relationship; and a myriad of other activities that I am blessed to be part of....and at that time I was going to the gym in additon to doing the dvds from home. Later on I realized I didn't need a gym membership; and that I can just press play on my dvd player each day. The dvd programs don't ever get boring; I own them; I don't have to pay gym dues every month, and I don't waste 1-2 hours a day driving back and forth to the gym.

Essential #1 for me : a big cooler bag that I bring to work every day with my food; that way...I can take it with me regardless of where I am; and I am not left high and dry when the hunger comes on.

Essential #2 for me: a library of dvd programs for my fitness level (I can give you some names if you want)

It really is all about having fun; while figuring out what works for you...it can be as painful, or as fun, as you make it! Think back to what you enjoyed doing as a kid. Was it bike riding? Sports? Playing in the vacant lot with your friends? Boating? Hide and go seek? What types of stuff did you enjoy; and how can you translate that to now?

:D

Hi Heathera, Thanks for your great post. I'm on my way to work and will concentrate on a longer post over the weekend but I wanted you to know I'm listening to what you're saying. Preparation...something I didn't do last Sunday or the Sunday before...is key. I've done baby steps these last few days by having pre-chopped onion and bok choy at the ready when I make my breakfast and or dinner.

Yes I struggled in the sense that I had 3 day 1's right in a row. Then finally on a Saturday I gave it the utmost attention and I got day one under my belt. Once I got a proper day 1, and 2 and 3 under my belt it got easier. Now at day 19 it's old hand.

Heather mentions prepping on the weekend. This is key. I make sure I have items ready and available for breakfast and lunch throughout the week. A menu is planned for the week (meaning we know what we are eating for dinner every night of the week) and items are ready to go a head of time to make it a throw together meal. Whichever meal it is. Lunch is usually a salad or leftovers of some kind. Breakfast is usually a form of eggs. 1st week it was spinach, pumpkin, proscuito, and egg muffins. Last week it was blueberry pork sausages and carrot souffle. This week it is a kale, mushroom, and sausage quiche. They are all made on Sunday and finished throughout the week. Even if I'm stumped for a meal choice there is always breakfast.

Hi Carlacini, Thanks also for your postI have to tell myself it's ok to have a start over it's not a failing experience, it's learning experience. But the effects that the soy have had on me the last few days have been nothing short of distressing and so I think it's only right I do a start over. However I need to come up with a WHY plan and find out what my focus is.

Hi!

Just checking in to see how you are doing. Have you managed to get some planning done?

Hello Alana, Thanks for your post :) I'm feeling like I'm coming out the other end of the soy situation and coming into clearer thinking and starting to regain my focus. Thank you so much for thinking of me and for asking! :)

TRANSITIONING DAY

I've decided to write about my day even though I'm transitioning to a new start on my 2nd Whole 30.

But backing up to yesterday.

M1 - 2 eggs, chorizo, mushrooms, bok choy - water

Morning tea - latte sachet, apple

M2 - small tin of tuna

afternoon tea - full cream (whole milk) latte

M3 - Chicken Enchilada Stew, 1 dollop of full cream sour cream

Emotionally

Exhausted, teary, a bit snippy

Physically

Exhausted, energy less, heavy, my tummy feels fine but my brain feels like it's on speed but only wants to sleep. Such a very strange feeling

Focus

my work and just getting through the day.

**I really don't know what to make of all the dairy I consumed today. But I am, strangely enough, glad it wasn't soy.

Today - Whole 30 - Round 2 - Attempt 2?

M1 - 2 eggs, 1/2 chorizo, mushrooms, bok choy, jalepanos, water

Morning Tea - Banana, apple, strawberries, kiwi fruit (we had a going away party for a coworker

M2 - chicken Enchilada Stew, water

Afternoon tea- black tea, almonds

M3 - Chicken schnitzel, steamed veggies, avocado, cilantro

Emotionally

Laughing & Calm

Physically

Tired and headachy but not bad

Focus

Work, getting things accomplished and taking care of me.

Still in Transitioning mode.

M1 - 2 eggs, chorizo, spinach, onion, mushroom, sweet potato, avocado, cilantro, lemon juice, black coffee

Morning Tea - nothing

M2 - small bowl of chicken enchilada stew

Afternoon tea - banana, Went to the shops and got a regular latte full fat milk (at what point to I get angry with myself) for breaking my Whole 30?

M3 - Large bowl fo chicken enchilada stew with lime juice, cilantro, and a dollop full cream sour cream, one large orange for after

WTH Meal - 3/4 hamburger, capsicum, olives, sun dried tomatoes - I must have been really hungry or something.

Emotionally

In a very happy place, relaxed, a little euphoric (my darling son got accepted to an apprenticeship and he loves what he is doing, I'm happy for him)

Physically

Feeling very good and rested, no headaches, no pains (it will be VERY interesting to see if I'm feeling this way tomorrow)

Focus

Currently no focus on doing anything much but relaxing. Thinking about preparation tomorrow, what my menu is for the week (breakfasts, lunches and dinner) Going back to Heathera's post about prepping and thinking of a plan to put on paper tomorrow.

Don`t get angry with yourself. That`s truly counter-productive. I`ve been reading so much about hormones lately it is making my head swim, but sleep and stress (negative self=talk is stressful!) are just as important to your health and well being as the food you put in your body.

You are eating very well. You are just cheating yourself of the full benefits by continuing to eat the dairy.

Archived