Day 8 - Knees hurting

Today is day 8.  I was definitely irritable for the first 4-5 days, so glad that is passing.  Surprisingly, I didn't get any headaches, which is great!  Only complaints are feeling very fatigued and my knees are hurting (joint pain).  I haven't had the energy to work out since starting Whole30, so it can't be attributed to physical activity.  I'm assuming its diet related.  Any insight would be greatly appreciated!  Here is what I've eaten in the past couple days:

Day 1: Breakfast: Apple, egg casserole (2 eggs, red, green, yellow peppers, onions, mushrooms, pork sausage - sauteed in ghee before baking in oven), iced coffee with espresso + nutpods

Lunch: Zoodles (1 zucchini) and meat sauce (1/4 lb. grass fed 85% lean beef, mushrooms+ onions sauteed in ghee, tomato sauce)

Snack: 2 - 1/4 inch slice of sweet potato with 2 tbsp almond butter & 2 strawberries

Dinner: 1 can of tuna with 1/2 avocado and celery, 1 kiwi

Day 2: Breakfast: larabar, egg casserole (2 eggs, red, green, yellow peppers, onions, mushrooms, pork sausage - sauteed in ghee before baking in oven), iced coffee with espresso + nutpods

Lunch: 1 can of tuna with diced celery and red pepper, 2 tsp of mayo

Dinner: Zoodles (1 zucchini) and meat sauce (1/4 lb. grass fed 85% lean beef, mushrooms+ onions sauteed in ghee, tomato sauce)

It looks like you are eating quite a bit of nightshades (peppers, onions, tomatoes, mushrooms) and nut butter.  Are these things new to you, or at least new in these quantities?  Both nightshades and nuts are big contributors to joint pain.  I know that when I cut them out, my pain nearly disappeared.  

Archived