Dressing Salads for a Night on the Town

Breezygoat

I just thought I'd share my most recent kitchen experiment.

I served salad for dinner last night (thinly sliced napa cabbage and romaine hearts topped with sliced mushrooms and cubed turkey breast sautéed with bacon) and wanted a hearty, creamy-ish dressing. What to do?

I ended up putting some coconut milk in a small jar with a squeeze of lime, lime zest, a dash of apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper and chopped fresh parsley. After a good shaking, it added just the perfect, creamy zing that my rich salad needed.

What are some of your favorite ways to dress up your salads or veggies?

What a great idea! I never thought to use CM for a salas dressing. Genius. I think I will try that and make an Asian type dressing with aminos, lime and a smidge of sesame oil. I usually take homemade mayo and mix in balsamic when I want a creamy dressing.

Ooh! I love your flavoring idea. I'm definitely going to give that a shot. Pre-W30, I'd have used some mayo also, but the mayo in my fridge is most definitely not approved. I made a batch of mayo recently, but it was with strongly flavored EVOO, and that was all you could taste. Not good. I just bought some lighter olive oil yesterday and will try again.

Archived