Day 9 Tired Feeling B4 Period

Emily Loux

Up until today, I feel like I have an abundance of energy, but when I woke up this morning, I was sleepier than usual. My period starts in the next 3-5 days and now is usually when I start to get that want to sleep all day feeling. Anyone else deal with this during their month?

Thanks,

<3 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Emily Loux said:

Up until today, I feel like I have an abundance of energy, but when I woke up this morning, I was sleepier than usual. My period starts in the next 3-5 days and now is usually when I start to get that want to sleep all day feeling. Anyone else deal with this during their month?

Thanks,

<3 

Almost all menstruating women who embark on the whole30 will run up against their period during the month.  In the days leading up to your period and during your period, you can and should eat more... one of our mods eats five meals a day when she's on her period... it makes sense tho, the tiredness and then desire to eat more... your body is preparing to potentially make a human... rest it and feed it!

@Emily Loux Hi there.. I'm on Day 10 today and bracing myself for my period over the weekend. I'm really struggling, but not because of the tiredness (yet), because I'm really really craving sugar. I've had some nuts and raisins but am trying not to overdo it.

@SugarcubeOD in addition to eating more, any suggestions for how to curb the PMS sweet tooth, other than just fight through it??? This is my second day of really risking the whole program because of this!

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, SineadMon said:

@Emily Loux Hi there.. I'm on Day 10 today and bracing myself for my period over the weekend. I'm really struggling, but not because of the tiredness (yet), because I'm really really craving sugar. I've had some nuts and raisins but am trying not to overdo it.

@SugarcubeOD in addition to eating more, any suggestions for how to curb the PMS sweet tooth, other than just fight through it??? This is my second day of really risking the whole program because of this!

Just fight through it... don't give it anything like fruit or dried fruit or nuts... eat lots of good food, up your fat and just acknowledge the cravings as a side effect of the period and move on... easier said than done at first but it gets easier :)

Archived