Kind of first timer.....

kittygogo

I say that I'm kind of a first timer because about three years ago, I started my first Whole30 but never completed it.  I first want to say that I never felt better while doing it....my head cleared, the bloat was gone, sugar cravings dissipated, I just felt better. Then my Dad passed away on about day 22 or so and I just never finished it....however for the past three years I thought about it, maybe did a day or so here and there and then just gave up. Why I don't know. I guess I wasn't ready to commit and I also had a hard time dealing with grief in the right way.

I feel like I am ready to do this now. I've wasted too much time in these three years, my health has gotten worse - weight has crept up to an unhealthy number - and the worst part, the sugar demon rears his ugly head daily. I want this....for at least 30 days ,maybe more, but I'll take this one day at a time. Am I scared? Yes. Do I have doubt in myself? Yes I do. But I'm going to do this anyway, because I know I cannot and will not live another day in the vicious cycle of eating sugar and crap. Also because I do not want to kill myself with food. I know all there is to know about healthy foods and eating, so it's time to put that knowledge to the test. Wish me luck!!

Are there any "kinda first timers" out there too that can share their experience? 

Not a first timer, but wanted to say congratulations for coming back to give it another go.  A lot of people mention that a 2nd W30 is harder than the first, and so I imagine that's true when following up on a 73% W30 as well.

re: feeling scared, I think the best way to combat that is with the support of this forum, the knowledge in the W30 books and website, and doing the right amount of prep work.  Then you can just kind of nestle in and realize you are safe in this structure which has been proven to work for a vast number of people.

21 minutes ago, SugarcubeOD said:

prep work.  Then you can just kind of nestle in and realize you are safe in this structure which has been proven to work for a vast number of people.

Love this too!! Thanks for the advice and support.....I know this is the right fit for me because I keep coming back to it. I'm excited to begin again, this time until completion and beyond - with a healthy lifestyle. 

I'm a first timer and I started two days ago! I've had digestive issues my entire life and lately my stomach has been bothering me more and more.. I've had several tests done and they've all come back negative --which is good of course! But frustrating because it makes me feel crazy even though I know I feel crappy. :( Moral of the story, started Whole 30 to eliminate all of the basic food triggers and see if I can cure myself with food (or lackthereof) lol. Anyway- best of luck and let me know if I can help you or encourage you along the way! :) 

Archived