Help! I'm on Day 4, and I'm very nauseous. This happened the last time I attempted a Whole 30 as well, and was the reason I crashed and burned. Last time, the nausea hit around Day 6, so I'm beginning to believe this isn't a coincidence (my eating has been much cleaner since my last one). Has anyone else had this happen? If so, how long does it last? I'm fully prepared for lower digestive issues (an adventure in itself when you live in a cabin with an outhouse and no running water!) but I kind of need to put good food in my system and not have workouts hampered by nausea. Any help/advice would be wonderful! Thanks!

4 hours ago, saharni said:

Help! I'm on Day 4, and I'm very nauseous. This happened the last time I attempted a Whole 30 as well, and was the reason I crashed and burned. Last time, the nausea hit around Day 6, so I'm beginning to believe this isn't a coincidence (my eating has been much cleaner since my last one). Has anyone else had this happen? If so, how long does it last? I'm fully prepared for lower digestive issues (an adventure in itself when you live in a cabin with an outhouse and no running water!) but I kind of need to put good food in my system and not have workouts hampered by nausea. Any help/advice would be wonderful! Thanks!

With no information my guess would be nausea caused by undereating but that's not possible to really say without iinformation....  meal sizes, specific veggies, protein, fats, fluids etc... please be as specific as possible for the best directed help... 

I've been having a nausea issue as well. I read an old thread (from 2012) that also suggested it may be hunger and under eating like you have, SugarcubeOD, however my nausea occurs after eating. I'm on Day 3 of the Whole 30 and it has happened after each meal so far.

I didn't eat the best before this, so that could be a reason.  However, the main reason for doing the Whole 30 was because of the abdominal pain I have been having for months. This intestinal/abdominal issue has on occasion induced nausea, but not nearly as consistently as it has been for the past few days. Every time this has happened, some crackers would have helped ease my stomach, but I don't want to give up so fast. 

Any thoughts on why this could be? Or how I can avoid this nausea and keep up with the Whole 30?

Like SugarcubeOD mentioned above, you need to list out "meal sizes, specific veggies, protein, fats, fluids etc... please be as specific as possible for the best directed help... "

Also, stress, underlying medical conditions, if there is a food that you are eating that is entirely new, or a food that you've greatly upped the quantities of.

3 hours ago, haley:) said:

I've been having a nausea issue as well. I read an old thread (from 2012) that also suggested it may be hunger and under eating like you have, SugarcubeOD, however my nausea occurs after eating. I'm on Day 3 of the Whole 30 and it has happened after each meal so far.

I didn't eat the best before this, so that could be a reason.  However, the main reason for doing the Whole 30 was because of the abdominal pain I have been having for months. This intestinal/abdominal issue has on occasion induced nausea, but not nearly as consistently as it has been for the past few days. Every time this has happened, some crackers would have helped ease my stomach, but I don't want to give up so fast. 

Any thoughts on why this could be? Or how I can avoid this nausea and keep up with the Whole 30?

You may want to go to the doctor, just to make sure everything is okay... abdominal pain for months that induces nausea is serious and while the Whole30 is the healthiest way for most pople to eat, it is not a cure all for actual medical conditions.

I'm also super nauseas, though I'm on day 12. I've definitely been eating enough (my meals are so satiating I'm not even hungry for snacks throughout the day which is a very new experience for me), and I find that protein in particular has been making me nauseous the past two days. I'm eating my veggies and my fats no problem, but I just can't bring my self to break into my eggs/salmon cakes/pot roast. This morning during breakfast my boyfriend said I looked like a Fear Factor contestant tasked with eating bugs.

Has anyone else been feeling protein-averse to the point of nausea? I didn't see anything in the books that was similar aside from being tired of eggs.

I did some digging, and found out that this is a completely normal issue a lot of people have, but it isn't addressed in the book, Mine went away after a few days; I just stayed strong and powered through. Sipping on some compliant kombucha seemed to really help. It was weird. Whole30 isn't too far out of the realm of ordinary for me in terms of types of foods, but it might have had something to do with replacing grains with more veggies. I'm not sure. I'm just glad I decided to power through this time!! Day 12 now, for the first time ever!