Underwhelmed and frustrated

Hey everyone. So here I am on day 27 of my first-ever Whole 30 round. I started with SO much hope and excitement for what it was going to do for my health. However, I feel like I have had more negative side effects than positive:
-First, I have yet to have a "normal" bowel movement while on this program. I was very regular before Whole30, and have had both constipation and now diarrhea recently. I started taking a digestive enzyme about a week ago, and that has helped a little, but I'm still not regular at all. I've also had some of the worst gas EVER. TMI, yes, but it's been super frustrating since this isn't normal for me. 
-I started having terrible leg cramps in the middle of the night--perhaps due to lack of potassium? Pre-Whole30, I was drinking a daily smoothie that contained spinach and banana, so maybe taking those out of my diet has contributed? I don't know. Taking a Magnesium supplement (Natural Calm) has not helped with this.
-I've developed itchy, dry patches on my face. They've gotten worse while on Whole30. I haven't changed anything else about my skincare routine.
-I haven't really seen any increase in energy except for the first week I was on the plan. Since then, I have felt about the same or worse than I did pre-Whole30. I do have a pretty exhausting job (teacher) but I did expect to see a little bit of an energy spike. 
-As of now, the only positive has been that my heartburn has gone away completely. 

Here's a sample day of what I eat: 
Meal 1: 2 eggs scrambled with kale, garlic, & tomatoes. 2 pieces bacon or turkey sausage. Coffee with coconut milk. 
Meal 2: Spaghetti squash OR cauli rice OR sweet potato with chicken sausage & diced avocado; apple, baby carrots. 
Snack: Olives, baby carrots, hard-boiled egg; occasional Rx bar if I'm in a rush. 
Meal 3: This varies a lot, but it is usually either beef, pork, or chicken breast with broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, or sweet potato. Avocado on the side. 
I drink at least 4-21 oz bottles of water during the day, plus the occasional cup of green tea or bottle of kombucha. 

Would appreciate any advice. I was so excited about trying Whole30 at the beginning that I was already assuming and planning to do another one soon after, but not I'm not sure I'm convinced anymore. 

Just now, LydiaJo said:

Wow, that is a lot of negative stuff.  Maybe it's not about what you have left out of your diet but what you have added. Have you been eating new foods or larger amounts of some foods since going Whole 30?

I've definitely been eating more avocado and eggs, but those things were already present in my diet pre-Whole30. I've also been eating more meat (especially red meat) than I was used to eating. Pre-Whole30, I would eat red meat maybe 3-4 times a year. If I ate meat, it was chicken, turkey, or fish-- occasionally pork. There's really nothing else that's new. 

https://whole30.com/2017/05/tiger-blood-help/

Melissa ^^ answers questions about being underwhelmed and why you should follow through with your Reintro Phase, regardless >>   https://whole30.com/2017/09/whole30-reintroduction-help/

I know many are conducting W30's round after round after round without any breaks and reintro phases.  She addresses that, too.

R2D12.  Round 2 Day 12.  Round 10 Day 300.

Follow through until 30.  Stop and Reintro. Gauge how you feel with your former foods and go from there.

1 hour ago, MeadowLily said:

https://whole30.com/2017/05/tiger-blood-help/

Melissa ^^ answers questions about being underwhelmed and why you should follow through with your Reintro Phase, regardless >>   https://whole30.com/2017/09/whole30-reintroduction-help/

I know many are conducting W30's round after round after round without any breaks and reintro phases.  She addresses that, too.

R2D12.  Round 2 Day 12.  Round 10 Day 300.

Follow through until 30.  Stop and Reintro. Gauge how you feel with your former foods and go from there.

Yes I am still planning on following through with the whole thing as planned. 

Archived