Sulfites?

My partner and I are on day 28. Yesterday we accidentally had Dijon mustard that had sodium metabisulfite in it, and today we feel like dying (he has a migraine and I am nauseous/dizzy and had a headache last night - we both feel HUNGOVER). We only had a little to dip our chicken in, and nothing I'm seeing about sulfites says that these are effects. What's up??

(For reference, yesterday he had eggs for breakfast and I had chia "pudding" with almond milk and strawberries; for lunch we both had chicken soup (made with homemade chicken stock and veggies) and I also had a salad, and dinner was chicken bites with seasoning, broccoli, and roasted potatoes. 

What could this be? Sulfites are the only thing that's different than how we were normally eating (and we have been feeling fine).

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, plushsafe said:

My partner and I are on day 28. Yesterday we accidentally had Dijon mustard that had sodium metabisulfite in it, and today we feel like dying (he has a migraine and I am nauseous/dizzy and had a headache last night - we both feel HUNGOVER). We only had a little to dip our chicken in, and nothing I'm seeing about sulfites says that these are effects. What's up??

(For reference, yesterday he had eggs for breakfast and I had chia "pudding" with almond milk and strawberries; for lunch we both had chicken soup (made with homemade chicken stock and veggies) and I also had a salad, and dinner was chicken bites with seasoning, broccoli, and roasted potatoes. 

What could this be? Sulfites are the only thing that's different than how we were normally eating (and we have been feeling fine).

This is why the Whole30 is such a great 'experiment of one'.  Maybe this IS how your bodies react to sulphites... I get so itchy after I've eaten sulphites that I'ved actually torn my own leg open from scratching it with the heel of my opposite foot in the night... that's not really listed anywhere as a 'normal' reaction either but it happens.

Archived