I started the whole 30 about 3 weeks ago. I have to constantly go back to day one after a couple days. This whole carb withholding is killing my energy. I have tried low carb before and never get over the carb flu. When I am compliant with the fodmap modification my gut and feminine issues feel so much better. My energy though is no where to be found. I can’t go more than two days without adding something from the “no” list.  Basically I can’t seem to power through. I already sleep crappy because I’m on nights so the lack. I will admit I’ve noticed some changes but I can’t get over that slump. I want to because I’m so tired of feeling shitty. I take a probiotic and will probably be adding those vital collagen but are there other suggestions? My goal is to not need supplements but for now my gut needs the extra help. I have been focusing on walking and yoga most days of the week. Any help would be awesome. I have a vacation coming up and I want to feel balanced.

• Moderators

The whole30 is not a low carb eating plan.  The recommendation is to eat a fist sized serving of starchy carbs (potato, sweet potato, winter squash, beets, carrots, parsnips) at one meal to start and adjust from there.

Maybe you'd like to let us know a few days of your eating being as specific as possible and we can troubleshoot for you but my guess is youre not eating enough in general.

I do get full but maybe I’m not quite getting enough of those in my meals. I get my meals through the cookbook and a few from Pinterest. I suppose some of the meals I could be adding an extra starchy veggie. I think this fodmap modification is making this harder than it has to be because my fats are limited and veggies are limited. I have gut issues but should I just resume as a normal round and go from there? I’m a first timer just wanting to work towards my food freedom. I have also talked with my doctor but they can’t find anything wrong.

• Moderators

Without specific information about what you're eating (specific veggies, fruits, fat, protein) the quantities as related to the template etc... it's impossible for us to give directed feedback. Again, just make sure you're eating at least a fist sized serving of starchy carbs a day, more if you need it (week leading up to a woman's period, the week of the period, people with mood disorders, athletes etc...).

We do suggest to people that they do a regular round of Whole30 first before doing AIP or low fodmap etc... often the concerns are resolved using the as written Whole30.  the Fodmap thing can be diffiuclt because a lot of times people can eat 'some' but they have a personal tolerance limit which each person needs to discover for themselves.

Archived