Quick Cooking Tapioca

momof4girls

I am cooking the beef pot roast from the book and quick cooking tapioca is listed.  I live in Australia and can only find tapioca pearls and arrowroot which they have (tapioca) listed underneath.  Not sure what I should use as the thickener as I cannot seem to find any quick cooking tapioca and/or if it is even available in Australia.  Also, could someone send me a link as to what the package looks like in the US as relatives are there and I could have someone send it to me for future use...

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, momof4girls said:

I am cooking the beef pot roast from the book and quick cooking tapioca is listed.  I live in Australia and can only find tapioca pearls and arrowroot which they have (tapioca) listed underneath.  Not sure what I should use as the thickener as I cannot seem to find any quick cooking tapioca and/or if it is even available in Australia.  Also, could someone send me a link as to what the package looks like in the US as relatives are there and I could have someone send it to me for future use...

Have you googled 'quick cooking tapioca substitute'?  I did and got a bunch of hits about the ratios and quantities of replacing tapioca starch with other starches such as arrowroot, potato starch etc... when you read the articles, remember cornstarch would not be allowed.

I would also find out where your relatives are and see if they can look for it for you or you can google where to find it in their area.  The package available to me might not be available to your relatives.

Archived