Digestive Issues

MCT

I have been on Whole 30 for 20 days. I am following the plan as described. I drink my water, minimum of 80 ounces. My bowels are not moving, I have to take a laxative otherwise I am totally backed up. I ordered the digestive enzymes (I have been using for 2 days. I am not understanding why I am having these problems. I eat a protein, vegetables, fruit and healthy fat each meal. Right now I’m in urgent care. The doctor believes I need to step back from the plan since the problem started when I started Whole 30, which I love. 

Sad

• Moderators

No one here would tell you to ignore your doctor's advice. For now, do what you need to do to get better and to prevent this getting worse. 

If your doctor gives you specific instructions as far as how much fiber to get each day, foods to be sure to consume or avoid, or recommends a supplement or medication, you may be able to incorporate those instructions into a whole30 so that you may be able to do it without these issues. 

In general, eating a lot of vegetables along with adequate amounts of protein and fat shouldn't cause problems for most people, but no one here is really qualified to give you medical advice.

Archived