new - snacking question

jclark51

Hi,

So I'm on day 3 of my first whole 30. I am brand new and still learning. I know snacking isn't really recommended but I have a weird work schedule. I'm a tennis teaching professional, which means I give tennis lessons full time so most of the time I will go 6-7 hours before I can eat my next meal, I just can't function unless I have a snack whether it's nuts, or an apple or celery or something just to keep me going till I have my next meal. Is that okay? I've looked for answers but nobody really has weird work hours like I do. Example, I was on court teaching yesterday from 2-8:30, no breaks for a meal, I cannot function on nothing especially since my job is so active.

5 hours ago, laura_juggles said:

A better bet is going to be a mini meal or something with protein that you can eat quickly. Hard boiled eggs or pouches/cans of tuna. If you can find compliant jerky, that'd do. Protein and fat would be better, just maybe relying less on the nuts.

Oh that is great! Thanks. I'm hoping I can find some compliant jerky, everywhere I've looked I haven't found any!

Sometimes online is the best place to look. Barefoot Provisions is a good online resource. They have a Whole30 section of their online store and they have tons of conveniently packed snack meats, olives, etc. Here's their website: https://barefootprovisions.com/collections/whole30

I also like Wild Zora bars. They're meat and veggies bars so they're more ideal than RX bars. I found them at my  local REI. 

5 hours ago, kirbz said:

Sometimes online is the best place to look. Barefoot Provisions is a good online resource. They have a Whole30 section of their online store and they have tons of conveniently packed snack meats, olives, etc. Here's their website: https://barefootprovisions.com/collections/whole30

I also like Wild Zora bars. They're meat and veggies bars so they're more ideal than RX bars. I found them at my  local REI. 

Oh I definitely need to get some of these!

Wild Zora bars rule!  Delicious as well as healthy.  I originally found them at REI, now I buy them by the case from the Wild Zora website. 

If you have Trader Joe's, I found a compliant meat stick/jerky there.  It's their own brand...

Archived