Lack of energy on Round 2?

Hello! I am hoping someone might be able to shed some light...

I completed round one in June this year and beside amazing changes in body composition I experienced amazing change to my energy levels and found I was sleeping better and more easily at night and waking feeling something close to refreshed for the first time ever. I continued eating a mostly whole30 diet with the addition of the odd bit of honey or maple syrup in our cooking and the odd meal out until the end of August when we went on holiday and I gave myself permission to choose bread, cheese and wine, in moderation but still more than of course I had been eating since starting whole30 in June. I started round 2 on 11th Sept to let my body reset after our holiday (holiday eating definitely had an impact because my cycle grew in length by nearly 3 weeks when I had managed to really regulate it since June). While I experienced more positive change in my body composition I have felt really sluggish throughout and now (just a few days after finishing). Getting to sleep is difficult, waking up is difficult because I don't feel rested, working out is fine at the time but then the whole of the next day I feel like I have a really heavy cold. Nothing about my whole30 eating through round 2 had changed from round 1. Any ideas why this time around I am struggling for energy and as a result being a total grump?

For info, I do have PCOS, perhaps this is a contributing factor, but then I had PCOS when I did round one too?

Yeah, I'm in the same boat... I'm on Day 31. I've already tried to troubleshoot but I just don't know why I haven't seen any gains in energy, mental clarity, or sleep. 

I'm thinking I might try low FODMAP or maybe try to avoid nightshades. Or maybe something else. I just don't know... 

If you want directed feedback, you'll need to post several days of specific foods/quantities as they relate to the template.

But: Make sure you're eating to the template, make sure you're getting fat (no, really, really make sure), potentially add in some starchy carbs if you're not eating any, salt your food, and make sure you're drinking plenty of water.

Archived